internet gateways 2mtr and 70cms power

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
battlestarone
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: gm7jds

internet gateways 2mtr and 70cms power

Post by battlestarone »

is it me,but the power output/erp being given to to sysops is not making it hardly worth your while running a 2mtr gateway at all,,,i have seen my power over the years being cut down to 500mw erp,,,in scotland the nearest gateway on the same channel as mine is near 60mls away using a different ctcss for access,i pointed this out to the dcc and they said it was due to demand,,,what a load of ballocks,there are near non gateways in Scotland compared to England and this low power does not take into account buildings and dense foliage only terrain.

i get the impression that some people at the dcc are letting there own personal views and now there policy as it seems on independent gateways go to there head thinking it taking traffic away from local repeaters,,,where the truth is the local repeaters round here (Glasgow) get so much abuse you really could not have them linked as ofcom have failed in there duty of care to the repeater groups and local users to come down heavy on anyone doing repeater or spectrum abuse on the amateur bands with one person taken to court,then get let off and all his kit given back.

500mw on 2mtr is a joke

regards to all
2E0LGZ
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2E0LGZ

Re: internet gateways 2mtr and 70cms power

Post by 2E0LGZ »

I got my NOV to run my C4FM gateway and my max ERP is 5watts i think its lower for 2 meters but i had no problem applying for a NOV and 5watts was accepted
Whistler TRX-2
Realistic pro 2006
Various ham radios
MB6IGZ multi DV Gateway on 433.63750 MHZ
JOSE RODRIGUEZ
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 7541

Re: internet gateways 2mtr and 70cms power

Post by JOSE RODRIGUEZ »

Need 95.417(f)