Puxxing 777 Charger went bang!

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Lexxorcist
Regular
Regular

Puxxing 777 Charger went bang!

Post by Lexxorcist »

I bought a Puxxing 777 a couple of months back and the included battery wouldn't charge. After a few emails the seller kindly sent another out (in the meantime I'd bought one of the higher capacity batteries). The battery I bought charged up fine so all seemed well, untill I went to plug the charger in today to top up the replacement that had just arrived, and it went bang, shot a flame out and tripped the fuses. It now rattles inside.

So, does anyone know if there's a phone charger or anything I can use as a replacement? I use a Nokia charger to power my li-ion battery charger as the specs are sufficiently alike, and wondered if I could do something like this with the Puxxing?

It's not that I'm too tight to buy another Puxxing charger, I'd just rather buy an alternative (the power supply bit) that's less likely to blow up, if there is one.
Lexxorcist
Regular
Regular

Re: Puxxing 777 Charger went bang!

Post by Lexxorcist »

No worries, the one from my plasma lamp works!
Firetrap
Call Sign: 26CT100

Post by Firetrap »

Get a multi voltage adaptor with multiple ends for about £3

you can change polarization on them too
CHARLIE TANGO DX GROUP - THE UK'S BIGGEST CB ORGANISATION
http://www.charlietango.co.uk and http://www.cbradiouk.com
11m & Amateur Radio DX Group
Marc Hitman
Regular
Regular

Post by Marc Hitman »

i brought one of these radios as a gift, and the actual charging cradle packed up after the first charge, luckaly someone at the local ham club was able to fix it.
roger roger