Help required with Air band transceiver

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
BroadsBen
Call Sign: 26TM109

Help required with Air band transceiver

Post by BroadsBen »

I have recently acquired a Toyocom TTR-D130-01-10A air band transceiver which appears to be an exact copy of the Icom A3E however it has 2 frequencies programmed in the memory and I cant add any more to the memory or get it out of memory mode. I have downloaded the Icom equivalent instructions and tried everything! It appears the radio has had some sort of lock put on it (not the key lock) more like some sort of physical lock so it cant be changed?
Has anyone come across anything like this before?
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Ben.
26TM109
BroadsBen

Re: Help required with Air band transceiver

Post by BroadsBen »

26TM109
M3VBS
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by M3VBS »

you may find there is a "numpty mode" which is toggled either with software, or looking at the radio more likely a key combination used at the same time as switching it on....

Ive searched th usual places for manuals, couldnt find one. however epson-toyocom have a website- maybe emailing their CSD and seeing if they have a copy to send to you? I also notice a lot of toyocom radios (although not your model) are sold second hand in the netherlands..
BroadsBen

Post by BroadsBen »

Thanks for looking, I did the same but no joy. Your right it defo sounds like a numpty mode :)
Hopefully someone can tell me how to un numpty it :) :) :)
26TM109