PUXING 777 VS 888

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Marc Hitman
Regular
Regular

PUXING 777 VS 888

Post by Marc Hitman »

Hi there can anyone help me with the following.
1,what is the differance between these two radios?
2 which is the better of the pair?
3 Has anyone dealt with radiogearpro on ebay?
roger roger
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Re: PUXING 777 VS 888

Post by Yeti »

888 is the newer version.

Better display (dot matrix), easier to follow menus, built in FM radio, alpha tags, bit chunkier looking.

Performance wise, not much to choose between them - but I'm sure there was an issue with the mic element on the 888.
Will the next movie in the series be The Fast and The Funeral?
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

Hi Marc

I have dealt with Radiogearpro and found them very cheap with very quick delivery times. Ordered some Wouxun KG 669's off them and they arrived in a week.

So have accessories such as antennas and speaker mikes.

Have also used euroradiosales who I have also found to be very good.
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

Oh yeah - forgot to say, dealt with radiogearpro - but only for bits and bobs, not for radios themselves.

All good. :D
skunkybob

Post by skunkybob »

Yeti wrote:888 is the newer version.

Better display (dot matrix), easier to follow menus, built in FM radio, alpha tags, bit chunkier looking.

Performance wise, not much to choose between them - but I'm sure there was an issue with the mic element on the 888.
I had low,soft audio on my 888 but just enlarged the mic hole slightly and this 'cured' the audio problem, I have since bought the speaker mic for it....
I may look like an idiot, talk like an idiot, dress like an idiot, do not let that fool you......I am an idiot.. now on Echolink..... node 493825
overlandadventures

Post by overlandadventures »

I have no experience of the 888, but the 777 does have alpha tags also and it has a traditional keypad layout, if you look at an 888 the keyboard has the #, 0 and * keys in oddball places which would make me pick the vev1000 instead (I think it is the same insides but a sensible keyboard layout).
I'd like to throw 409shop.com into the suppliers list, I've had 13 radios and piles of accessories of them, never any problems(or import duties), reasonable quick dispatch and usually as cheap as anywhere else.
hth
John
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

I'm assuming you can only put the alpha tags in the 777 by software then?

You can do it from the radio on one version of the 888, but not on the "D" version.

The 888's display is dot matrix, so text displays nicer too.
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fez »

Yeti wrote:I'm assuming you can only put the alpha tags in the 777 by software then?
They can be inputted by the keypad, But I beleive alpha tags only show in memory mode only.

I am thinking also about getting a new VHF handheld.
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

fez wrote:
Yeti wrote:I'm assuming you can only put the alpha tags in the 777 by software then?
They can be inputted by the keypad, But I beleive alpha tags only show in memory mode only.

I am thinking also about getting a new VHF handheld.
I haven't found a way to put them in on mine yet.
DaBrigg
Regular
Regular

Post by DaBrigg »

I wonder if anyone who has recently bought from Radiogearpro can confirm whether or they not they received one of those emails to confirm dispatch, with tracking number, etc?
I know for certain these were sent out in the past.
I ordered a radio almost 10 days ago, and apart from the usual email immediately after purchase, I have heard nothing since. I dont like being kept in the dark! :?

Just to keep on topic, I thought Ild mention that in my experience the PX777 (no plus) seems to have a much better audio quality on receive than the plus version.
The no plus version seems to have much sharper audio, with more treble, making it easier to copy weak signals. In this case its definately the receive audio, with noticable improvements receiving everything.
I also have a weierwei vev1000, which is similar to the px888, and this also has the same inferior audio on receive, just like the 777+.
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

I have never received a tracking e-mail from Radiogearpro unlike 409shop and Euroradiosales who always confirm dispatch etc.

In fact my orders on my Radiogearpro account still say pending even though I have received everything I have ordered without any problems.
DaBrigg
Regular
Regular

Post by DaBrigg »

alannah wrote:I have never received a tracking e-mail from Radiogearpro unlike 409shop and Euroradiosales who always confirm dispatch etc.

In fact my orders on my Radiogearpro account still say pending even though I have received everything I have ordered without any problems.
Thanks for that. Perhaps it will turn up soon.
I ordered an antenna from them nearly a year ago, and they did send a tracking number on that occasion. I even found the email in my inbox. It took a little longer with both dispatch and delivery than other Hong Kong sellers.
Funnily enough, I ordered my px777s from a different Hong Kong ebay seller, but RadioGearPro was stamped on the boxes!
Marc Hitman
Regular
Regular

Post by Marc Hitman »

well i went for the 777 over the 888, the only reason was the specs, the 888 was only 1 watt, where as thw 777 is 4 watts.
Another question, while scanning the frequancys with the puxing i came across used frequancy, 438.725, it sounds like milatary,as all the users use a similar callsighn,"bravo one zero, bravo two zero"etc, i do live within 2 miles of the medway engineers base. Surely the mod would use better radios? scrambled audio etc?
i orderd the puxing from radio gear pro, took about 9 days, and i never recieved an email
roger roger
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

Who told you the 888 was 1 watt? 5W VHF and 4W UHF.
Marc Hitman
Regular
Regular

Post by Marc Hitman »

Yeti wrote:Who told you the 888 was 1 watt? 5W VHF and 4W UHF.
the spec of it in the add
roger roger