Wouxun KG-UVD1 just arrived

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Wouxun KG-UVD1 just arrived

Post by Yeti »

Well, I'm just getting to grips with it, just arrived at lunchtime.

So far - confirmed, no DTMF. :-(

The dual band operation seems a little flaky about which band it picks to TX on, and I haven't yet confirmed dual RX or Full duplex either.

Manual is in really good English so far - the radio is CE marked and the manual states:

"CE Caution:
Hereby, Wouxun declares that this Two-way radio is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC."

EDIT - NO DUAL RECIEVE! It can have both on, but will only let you hear the first one that it recieves on!

It's for sale at the Magnum folks - brand new... :P
Will the next movie in the series be The Fast and The Funeral?
fez
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Wouxun KG-UVD1 just arrived

Post by fez »

No dual receive. Thats a shame.

Can it RX while you TX? (like rx 70cm while tx on 2m?)

I might aswell buy 2 handhelds if not.
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

No full duplex either.

Better review coming this evening.
Will the next movie in the series be The Fast and The Funeral?
cdosrun
Regular
Regular

Post by cdosrun »

Yeti,

How disappointing; I had a card left by the Post Office while I was at work, so I was looking forward to playing with it on the train tomorrow morning. It looks like it is going to be a little less interesting now. I wondered if the receive was going to be the same as the 699E, shame. I probably won't get rid of mine quite as quickly as you though because I don't have a 2M radio and am keen to see if VHF is as dead as 70cm.

I am looking forward to your review this evening though, it will be interesting to know if there are redeeming features (other than the price).

Andrew