Moto GM flashing...

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
M3VBS
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Moto GM flashing...

Post by M3VBS »

Any Motorola types out there.
I have two gm340's and a gm360 in need of programming. I have another gm360 which I can program up just fine with cps r.03.05.

However these three radios label indicate an older firmware and the software won't read / write to them, error message "not compatible".

Does anyone have the knoweldge/skils to update the firmware in these radios so I can use the cps I have, or alternatively able to program them up for me?
wheelbarrow
Regular
Regular

Re: Moto GM flashing...

Post by wheelbarrow »

The safer easier option is to install various versions of the CPS that works with what you have, the alternative is to flash upgrade all to the same later version firmware but that requires a flashing adaptor as well as programming lead and the firmware update software. Flashing firmware can also occasionally brick a radio so there is a small chance of that happening.

I've always had about 8 versions of the damned CPS installed so I can cater for any version I come across when out and about.
M3VBS
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Moto GM flashing...

Post by M3VBS »

See there's my problem. I tried downloading the cps for that firmware but it doesnt seem to be reading. As the other cps has been successful in the past I was thinking to reflash the radios to that version may be simpler. Do you have a source for the firmware cable/software and have you ever done it?