Team Simoco TSP2400B Programming cable

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Team Simoco TSP2400B Programming cable

Post by 310den »

A bit of a long shot but has anyone had the above radio? It is a commercial handheld but can be programmed for amateur frequencies.
I have the software but no lead. Not seen any on a web search so wondering if anyone has had one/made one, has a schematic... anything really?

Thanks.
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Team Simoco TSP2400B Programming cable

Post by 310den »

310den wrote:A bit of a long shot but has anyone had the above radio? It is a commercial handheld but can be programmed for amateur frequencies.
I have the software but no lead. Not seen any on a web search so wondering if anyone has had one/made one, has a schematic... anything really?

Thanks.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Royal Mail Group uses em around the various UK sites..although they own the radios a company sorts em as n when required.
Tbh they are naff radios
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 310den »

LeakyFeeder wrote:Royal Mail Group uses em around the various UK sites..although they own the radios a company sorts em as n when required.
Tbh they are naff radios
They don't look too bad, pickd up a couple for next to nothing, programmed on UK light but wanted to re-program them but with no cable or any diagram on making one the software is not a lot of good.
No great loss if I can't find anything, seems strange how no info on cables anywhere.
wheelbarrow
Regular
Regular

Post by wheelbarrow »

Pretty sure they use a 3.5mm stereo to serial lead and you have to put in programming mode:

1. Connect the PC to the TSP portable with the serial programming lead.

2. Put the TSP portable into programming mode by holding down the 'E' button while switching on the portable.

3. Run the programmer

over 12 years ago I programmed some TSP2400B radios but haven't got the programming lead now but do have the service manual and programming software. Simoco bought them in from some Chinese company (can't recall who) but they're pretty basic crud but ok for light duties I suppose.
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 310den »

wheelbarrow wrote:Pretty sure they use a 3.5mm stereo to serial lead and you have to put in programming mode:

1. Connect the PC to the TSP portable with the serial programming lead.

2. Put the TSP portable into programming mode by holding down the 'E' button while switching on the portable.

3. Run the programmer

over 12 years ago I programmed some TSP2400B radios but haven't got the programming lead now but do have the service manual and programming software. Simoco bought them in from some Chinese company (can't recall who) but they're pretty basic crud but ok for light duties I suppose.

Yes you are correct. I tried an icom lead and a yaesu which are 3.5mm plugs but neither worked. The radio was in programming mode. Yes they are a bit naff but be nice to program them to be a bit useful.
Just a case of getting the correct lead. Is your service manual a paper copy or something you could email?

Thanks.
wheelbarrow
Regular
Regular

Post by wheelbarrow »

310den wrote: Yes you are correct. I tried an icom lead and a yaesu which are 3.5mm plugs but neither worked. The radio was in programming mode. Yes they are a bit naff but be nice to program them to be a bit useful.
Just a case of getting the correct lead. Is your service manual a paper copy or something you could email?

Thanks.
it's a pdf electronic manual 2.5mb in size, not that useful (no real circuit diagrams) but has some other useful info for setting up etc. You have software I believe, the latest version I have is old, version 2.11

I'll PM a download link
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 310den »

wheelbarrow wrote:
310den wrote: Yes you are correct. I tried an icom lead and a yaesu which are 3.5mm plugs but neither worked. The radio was in programming mode. Yes they are a bit naff but be nice to program them to be a bit useful.

Thanks.
it's a pdf electronic manual 2.5mb in size, not that useful (no real circuit diagrams) but has some other useful info for setting up etc. You have software I believe, the latest version I have is old, version 2.11

I'll PM a download link
Got it thanks and replied. :thumbup:
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 310den »

I got a reply from Simoco group and the reply was:
"Please be advised the price for TSP-PROG LEAD is £32.45 excluding VAT & carriage." :o
The 2 radios I got cost a third of that! Unless I work out what pin does what on the programming plug then they won't be getting reprogrammed.