KYDERA DP-550S dPMR - Programming Issues

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
fonz82
Regular
Regular

KYDERA DP-550S dPMR - Programming Issues

Post by fonz82 »

Hi all,

Urgently need some tech / programming help

firstly, im new here, and new to UHF radios.

I have purchased 3 of these radios, and also have the Kydera DP-550S software (V 2.5.0) and programming lead.

The radios worked fine out of the box, however, all were set with the following factory information:

Radio alias = DP-550S
Radio ID = 0000001

This prevented the dPMR function of direct calling / messages, as all 3 radios had the same details.

So I plugged in with the lead and software, and changed the alias and ID of 2 of the 3 radios:

Radio 1 alias = Radio 1 VT
Radio 1 ID = 0000001

Radio 2 alias = Radio 2 JD
Radio ID = 0000002

After programming, the alias and ID had successfully changed, however, both of these radios are now stuck on channel 001 (digital) and wont change, and emit a steady half-second beep (like a homing signal) from the speaker. The menu functions still work, however, they will not transmit, will not change channel and will not do Tx/Rx related.

Feeling a bit software savvy, I "read" the 3rd radio back to the software (with all of the factory default), and re-flashed / "wrote" radios 1 & 2 with the same information.

Although the alias and ID changed back, same problem being stuck on digital channel 001, and the homing beeps from the speaker. Ive been through all of the visible menu setting checking defaults of Radio 3 against the problematic radios 1 & 2, and all menus appear to be the same options / selections.

Is this something like "stun" mode? If so, how do I unlock it? I cant find/think of anything that would cause this channel lock and beeping.

I'm at an absolute loss where to go from here. £200 worth of 3 radios which are now unusable as a trio.....

I have emailed Kydera in China, however, they are on Chinese new year for a few more days, and I'm not sure what level of technical support / clear English I will get back?

I cant see I've done anything obvious wrong.

Any programming advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All.

Vaughn (the newbie)
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: KYDERA DP-550S dPMR - Programming Issues

Post by radiosification »

I'm quite experienced with digital stuff and have used dPMR radios before but not this specific model. However I'm quite sure I'd be able to figure it out. If you could send me the software and the programming file you are putting in the radios I'll have a look at it for you. Just upload it to mega.nz or something like that and PM (private message) me the download link.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
fonz82
Regular
Regular

Post by fonz82 »

HI,

As a new user I cant yet send private messages.

Here is a link to my google drive.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

there is a .RAR file with the DP-550S software. This should open the 3x .DAT files, which are a direct read/save from each radio.

There are 3 files:

Radio 1, this is as ammended with a new dPMR Alias and ID, only.
Radio 2, previously ammended with a new dPMR Alias and ID, but subsequently re-written with a read of radio 3 (which should have been back to defaults), which was used to overwrite the Alias and ID amendments. Worth a try, but still channel locked and beeping....
Radio 3, this is as out of the factory, and still working as original, no channel / beeping issues.

Hopefully this is everything you need.

Thanks for the assistance. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Vaughn.
fonz82
Regular
Regular

Post by fonz82 »

Just a quick update.

Radios 1 & 2 appear to be locked on Digital channel 001 as there are no channels programmed into it, possibly after a factory reset when I was trying to get them working. Or do you think initially writing/flashing them without a prior read could have wiped the preset channels?

I changed all radios to VFO mode, and they are no at least Tx/Rx, which was a start.

Ive now started to reprogramme the 10 digital channels from the frequencies set in Radio 3's memory.

However, I would still really like some help / advice setting up 3 radios for dPMR calling/messaging as follows:

# All on a common "group ID"
# Radio 1 - (to be alias of "Radio 1 VT"), radio ID = 0000001
# Radio 2 - (to be alias of "Radio 2 JD"), radio ID = 0000002
# Radio 3 - (to be alias of "Radio 3 KH"), radio ID = 0000003

Is this as easy as how I tried to change them before?

Cheers.
fonz82
Regular
Regular

Post by fonz82 »

Turns out when the radio writes, it erases the 10 preset digital channels. However, Ive now also worked out how to reprogramme them.

Ive also managed to rename all 3 radio alias's and also the Radio IDs.

What Im struggling with is setting up a "Group" within dPMR. i.e. to make a common channel call.

Once the radios have been given unique IDs and Alias's, they no longer make common calls on the channel.

Any thoughts?
fonz82
Regular
Regular

Post by fonz82 »

Hiya, panic over.

Got my engineering head on, and have managed to completely reprogramme the radios, IDs, Alias's, and group mode, and manually retuned the digital channels / memory.

Thanks for offering to help, but its finally sorted.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Glad you got it working. I actually bought a pair of these radios myself a few weeks ago to mess around with.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
fonz82
Regular
Regular

Post by fonz82 »

fonz82 wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 08:36 Hi all,

Urgently need some tech / programming help

firstly, im new here, and new to UHF radios.

I have purchased 3 of these radios, and also have the Kydera DP-550S software (V 2.5.0) and programming lead.

The radios worked fine out of the box, however, all were set with the following factory information:

Radio alias = DP-550S
Radio ID = 0000001

This prevented the dPMR function of direct calling / messages, as all 3 radios had the same details.

So I plugged in with the lead and software, and changed the alias and ID of 2 of the 3 radios:

Radio 1 alias = Radio 1 VT
Radio 1 ID = 0000001

Radio 2 alias = Radio 2 JD
Radio ID = 0000002

After programming, the alias and ID had successfully changed, however, both of these radios are now stuck on channel 001 (digital) and wont change, and emit a steady half-second beep (like a homing signal) from the speaker. The menu functions still work, however, they will not transmit, will not change channel and will not do Tx/Rx related.

Feeling a bit software savvy, I "read" the 3rd radio back to the software (with all of the factory default), and re-flashed / "wrote" radios 1 & 2 with the same information.

Although the alias and ID changed back, same problem being stuck on digital channel 001, and the homing beeps from the speaker. Ive been through all of the visible menu setting checking defaults of Radio 3 against the problematic radios 1 & 2, and all menus appear to be the same options / selections.

Is this something like "stun" mode? If so, how do I unlock it? I cant find/think of anything that would cause this channel lock and beeping.

I'm at an absolute loss where to go from here. £200 worth of 3 radios which are now unusable as a trio.....

I have emailed Kydera in China, however, they are on Chinese new year for a few more days, and I'm not sure what level of technical support / clear English I will get back?

I cant see I've done anything obvious wrong.

Any programming advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks (the newbie)