Trilogy radios

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
troffasky

Re: Trilogy radios

Post by troffasky »

radiosification wrote:only transmit occasionally without there being any voice or data traffic. I'm not really sure what the point in this is.
Clock sync?
radiosification wrote:What do you mean by sending TX frequencies? In a tier 3 system, the trunking control channel will tell the radios what channel to move to, if that's what you mean?
Yes, that's what I was getting at. What format is it in? Does it say "channel number 3 is free, use that", or does it say "transmit on 455.0125, receive on 449.0500"?
radiosification wrote:But I'm not seeing how it's related to how this radio will affect a DMR system
To elaborate, if the repeater occasionally broadcasts frequency information, you could build a radio that decodes this and programs itself accordingly.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

troffasky wrote:
radiosification wrote:only transmit occasionally without there being any voice or data traffic. I'm not really sure what the point in this is.
Clock sync?
radiosification wrote:What do you mean by sending TX frequencies? In a tier 3 system, the trunking control channel will tell the radios what channel to move to, if that's what you mean?
Yes, that's what I was getting at. What format is it in? Does it say "channel number 3 is free, use that", or does it say "transmit on 455.0125, receive on 449.0500"?
radiosification wrote:But I'm not seeing how it's related to how this radio will affect a DMR system
To elaborate, if the repeater occasionally broadcasts frequency information, you could build a radio that decodes this and programs itself accordingly.
Yes,it could be clock sync, but I always thought the radios did that as they were about to transmit. I could be wrong though.

I can't tell you about how exactly tier 3 systems work as I haven't encountered any active ones in the wild yet. Even so, I don't think that this radios has such advanced features. I think that it just grabs the colour code and slot and talkgroup in use on that frequency.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

troffasky wrote:I like the look of the BFDX BF-TD505, a.k.a. Connect Systems CS-580
Where are people getting these radios from? I've never seen the BFDX branded version for sale anywhere. The CS branded version is available direct from CS and also from a few US vendors but none of them seem prepared to ship overseas.
troffasky

Post by troffasky »

eBay is the obvious place to look; indeed:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Connect-Syste ... 2724485261

"We Ship Globally using eBay's Global Shipping Program (GSP)".