TYT MD 380 and DMR!

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: TYT MD 380 and DMR!

Post by Excalibur »

bigbloke wrote:interested that you find the TYT more sensitive. Im comparing with my CS700 and QYT-D68 and
it seems to be the deafest of the three. I think the squelch presets are set WAY too hard in the codeplug
and am trying to find a way to change this

regards

BB
The squelch seems fine to me, If I'm struggling to hear a signal I just open the squelch using the monitor button though but so far that's only happened with weak signals same with other radios that I own.
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Post by bigbloke »

I noticed on dmr tests with a parrot unit there was 50% on the S meter but no demod of parrot output. The QYT-D68 and the CS-700 both replayed the parrot perfectly from the same venue.

Regards

BB
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Post by welshevo »

Admiral wrote:If someone from TM1 (maybe BB, welshevo or whoever) would care to take the time to write a tutorial for DMR in plain English for digital idiots such as myself, then I think that that would make a fantastic sticky, and help radio dinosaurs like me come into the 21st Century.

Yes, there's Google, but it doesn't seem to cater for analogue Neanderthals who need to be spoon-fed the information.

i will happily make a DMR manual! for the TYT MD380 and general help... and any others who wish to add to it can do also... :D ill get cracking now !
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

I didn't think of it before, but actually a video I made a while ago explains digital modes. Maybe that would be of use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCnMyJD_-Rs
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Post by welshevo »

Nice one Ben! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

Here's part 1 of my review showing the exterior of the radio, the menu features and it receiving analog and digital audio. Part 2 will be out soon and will include the "program radio" feature alongside how to actually program the radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfRLA0A5O34

(Ps please ignore the part where I say "it won't stop recording" my camera was having trouble and I forgot to edit that part out! :oops: :lol: )
bigfella
Regular
Regular

Post by bigfella »

Every time I switch the radio on it resets to 2000/01/01 00:00:00.

The rest of the unit seems fine, I have tried downgrading to an earlier firmware and the issue still exists. The radio only arrived from Singapore yesterday so am not sure if it has always been like this.

Is there a factory reset option that anyone knows of?