dp3400 programming

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
radioenthusiast2011

dp3400 programming

Post by radioenthusiast2011 »

Hi currently playing about with some dp3400 and cps software.

I have a dp3400 which when i try to read it,says codeplug password.I dont know it.

Can i go to 'recover a device' to get programming access to the radio? I was wishing to read it so i could program another radio with the correct settings in order to talk to each other.I know this radio has enhanced privacy too,would the software read this or would i be better off simply writing new settings to both radios?
I do need to read this radio that has the codeplug password first ( ie I dont want to lose any of its data in first instance)

any help appreciated.
radiogaga
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM399

Re: dp3400 programming

Post by radiogaga »

Only way, without the password is to recover, this will clear the current codeplug. Or if you are handy with Wireshark you could use a packet sniffer to try and read the password. Not full proof though.

PM me if you want and I'll talk you through it. And the enhanced privacy issue too.

Are you loading DMR MARC codeplug?

BTW - Can't you just ask for the Codeplug pw?
Sam
26TM399 Hampshire and Isle of Wight
30TM399 Northern Costa Blanca
scottyboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by scottyboy »

If you need any help let me know since I am local I can assist if needed.
2M0SRM

Quansheng tg-uv2
yaesu FT-7900E
Motorola DP3600 UHF + VHF
MTH800
MTP850s
SRH3800
CM-9000
MTM5400
radioenthusiast2011

Thanks for replies guys.

Tried Wireshark but it couldnt locate the usb connection to the radio,on the laptop.

The radio i wish to read with the codeplug pw was one of several bought outright from a comms dealer and they in my opinion will be reluctant to release the info.They would most likely want the radio sent to them for programming.

As i say i am new to programming these radios so still in the newbie area.

Even if i could read the radio with the codeplug pw,would i be correct in saying it wont tell me the enhanced privacy key(s) being used??
wheelbarrow
Regular
Regular

Post by wheelbarrow »

The wireshark trick won't work on later version CPS (Can't remember when it was exactly) but on older versions you can do it. Otherwise reprogram the radio with a default codeplug from the CPS folder should overwrite it.

If you did read it the security aspects of it (privacy, RAS etc) shouldn't be viewable by you.
radiogaga
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM399

Post by radiogaga »

It does with CPS 10.5 :)
26TM399 Hampshire and Isle of Wight
30TM399 Northern Costa Blanca
wheelbarrow
Regular
Regular

Post by wheelbarrow »

Yeah I think it was only fairly recently introduced by Motorola so many radio codeplugs out there will be accessible via wireshark.
radioenthusiast2011

managed to get the codeplug pw via wireshark.

may have been my computer,as i had to create a new LAN connection and then scan or start on that one, and then once i read the radio the packets came through no probs at all and managed to source the pw :D