SEPURA SRH 3500 sGPS LEGALITY USING AS A PROP

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Woefullpond
New User
New User

SEPURA SRH 3500 sGPS LEGALITY USING AS A PROP

Post by Woefullpond »

Hello and good evening, I have started a business hiring out really accurate costumes and my business is doing well. Up till now we have used a dummy tetra handset that didn't light up or do anything, recently I have purchased a Sepura SRH 3500 sGPS handset to add to outfits as a more realistic prop. The handset came from a liquidation of a private firm and has never been on 'Airwave'.

My question is can I use this as a powered up prop, ie have it switched on when hiring an outfit out. The radio has no programming so cannot talk or interfere with anyone else's radio's.

May sound like a daft question if you know the answer but I dont want to get caught up in the legality of licencing a radio that is just used as a powered prop.

Many thanks for reading and I look forward to any answers :)
2E0YGG

Re: SEPURA SRH 3500 sGPS LEGALITY USING AS A PROP

Post by 2E0YGG »

I doubt anyone would care or question it.

If it is capable of transmitting on any channel, no matter what it is, you'd need the relevant licence for that channel.

Does it not have any talkgroups or anything programmed in whatsoever?
Woefullpond
New User
New User

Post by Woefullpond »

Hello it has one : DMO1 and thats it, thank you for the reply :)
radiogaga
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM399

Post by radiogaga »

2E0YGG wrote:
If it is capable of transmitting on any channel, no matter what it is, you'd need the relevant licence for that channel.

Really! :?:
26TM399 Hampshire and Isle of Wight
30TM399 Northern Costa Blanca
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Maybe not exactly, but the provider of the costume may well be technically liable if a customer inadvertently used it to transmit without a licence...

I'm not one of them but there are a few on here who dabble with TETRA and one of them may well be able to help you ensure the radio is blank. You've got all the right words in the subject line to catch their attention. ;)
TRON

Post by TRON »

It wouldn't be too difficult to make a single listen only talkgroup. How many handsets do you have?