Linton 3260, no receive

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
thoward
Regular
Regular

Linton 3260, no receive

Post by thoward »

Afternoon

I have 12x Linton LT-3260s. They have been put away since about 2010 - they were bought around 2007 and have seen relatively little use (couple of weekends).

What I've found is that 8 have developed a problem - all 12 will transmit, but 8 of the 12 will not receive.

Between two good radios I can get RX and TX, with the bad radios one of the good 4 will receive, so it seems the TX on them is still working, but none of the 8 will receive. It doesn't seem to matter which radio is transmitting - the 8 will not receive regardless of which of the 12 is transmitting (good or bad.)

I don't think it's a squelch or CTCSS issue, as if I turn the monitor function on on one of the radios which won't receive I don't hear anything - just static the whole time - whereas if it was a squelch or tone issue I assume monitor would over-ride this.

I've reprogrammed all 12 so I don't think it's a frequency issue (some receiving on one frequency or another)

Any suggestions as to what to test welcome.
thoward
Regular
Regular

Re: Linton 3260, no receive

Post by thoward »

Listening to the monitor function on the radios, it would appear the the radios are receiving - but the talk into a good transmitting radio is heard on top of the static, so the static doesn't mute when a good radio signal is received. So no receive light, but with monitor I can hear the signal, but it isn't clean