Motorola GM300 channel help

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Motorola GM300 channel help

Post by StormShadow »

I've just programed a Motorola GM300 Radio.... Now here is my problem. The radio only seems to have 1 channel? I thought that these came in 8 & 16 channel versions, so my radio either has 8 channels or 16 channels right? why am I only seeing one channel? I have pressed F4 to change channel but only appears to be just the one channel?

Also I was hoping to use this radio for 70cms but the radio says 438.0 - 470.0 MHz only I'm using R01.00.00 so I take it I need a hacked version of the programming software?

Hope somebody could help me out here

:?
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Motorola GM300 channel help

Post by StormShadow »

I got it, I need to goto Mode Utility to add more channels duhh {bnghd} I should have known that lol

Now I just need to find out how to get the radio below 438 MHz for 70cms. I tried holding down the shift key while entering the frequency but that didn't work... I know this radio can program as low as 430 MHz its just a case of knowing how and what the trick is. My guess is that I need the edited programming software witch I can't seem to find.

Another thing is that I need to get this radio below 10 watts so it don't over heat on those long overs.
fozzy1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: G1LOV

Post by fozzy1 »

How do you tell if it is the edited version,, I have the vhf one and programmed it ok, got power down to 1/2 watt for my dv gateway. Will get laptop out and look.
There seems to be diff versions of the 300 and a lot of discussions re dropping the power and still getting hot, Mine is on 12 hrs and only gets warm.

Have you joined the yahoo group ?
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by StormShadow »

fozzy1 wrote:How do you tell if it is the edited version,, I have the vhf one and programmed it ok, got power down to 1/2 watt for my dv gateway. Will get laptop out and look.
There seems to be diff versions of the 300 and a lot of discussions re dropping the power and still getting hot, Mine is on 12 hrs and only gets warm.

Have you joined the yahoo group ?
I was told that if the power is dropped to about 8 watts then the radio won't get to hot. Funny enough they overheat on low power too. They need a modification to prevent that. I have a UHF version. I did join that yahoo group a while back but found it be pretty useless.