What type of Licence Is Business OK?

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Hyper
Regular
Regular

What type of Licence Is Business OK?

Post by Hyper »

Would a Simple UK business licence cover me for Sepura SRP2000 handsets in DMO mode for my business purposes? If not what licence would I need? Remember I'm using DMO and not Airwave! Many thanks to all of you in advance.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: What type of Licence Is Business OK?

Post by radiosification »

as far as I know simple business is only for 12.5KHz bandwidth radios. Tetra radios are 25KHz, so you'll need to get a 25KHz channel. I don't know if there are any cheap ways to do this, similar to simple business licenses. The only way I know of is to get a technically assigned license which costs a few thousand quid a year.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
RogerD
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RogerD »

What about the Simple Site licence (459 MHz) where 25kHz bandwidth is OK?
mr_h4ck3rm4n
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: MM6SGZ

Post by mr_h4ck3rm4n »

none...

ive been over this with ofcom in the past, infact after sending an email about what licence would cover the use of tetra in dmo they sent the men in black to make some enquiries at my front door... needless to say the wife was none too impressed ...

the only 'grey' area ... and it is a grey area, is the use on part of 70cms,, the problem with this is most motorola kit only covers up to 430mhz dead... some moto can be flashed with a 'modified' codeplug to extend the band edges slightly , but this has a drawback as the radio 'tuning' data is set in the factory and when you program out of band the radio rx will go deaf and also the power will drop... on 1w digital handies this makes range very poor without a dmo repeater.,

HF
Yaesu FTdx1200, Kenwood TS590,
Sailor T2130 & T2031MF/HF Systems
Ameritron 811, Yeasu FL2100
VHF/UHF
Icom IC-208H, Icom IC-2820
Jotron TR7550 VHF Air
Antenna
Comet GP9, Hustler 5-BTV, 3 ELE Yagi 10m/11m
Data Interface
Kantronics Pactor TNC , MJF 1275X

QRZ.COM
Hyper
Regular
Regular

Post by Hyper »

Thanks to you all I will look into this further!