Kirisun S760/S780

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
radiodave
Regular
Regular

Kirisun S760/S780

Post by radiodave »

Hi

Does anyone know what the difference between the Kirisun S760 and S780 is?

Theres a £20 price difference between the 2 and I can't really figure out what the difference is, although I may just be missing the obvious

Cheers

David
Chris64ex4
Regular
Regular

Re: Kirisun S760/S780

Post by Chris64ex4 »

radiodave wrote:Hi

Does anyone know what the difference between the Kirisun S760 and S780 is?

Theres a £20 price difference between the 2 and I can't really figure out what the difference is, although I may just be missing the obvious

Cheers

David
Never actually worked out what the difference was either so I went for the S760.

Got two of them to hand here now and I'm still struggling with the programming, the instructions supplied arent that great......
{bnghd}
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Chris64ex4 wrote: Got two of them to hand here now and I'm still struggling with the programming, the instructions supplied arent that great......
{bnghd}
Have a look at my video!! I'm constantly recommending them to people. If you search on the internet, the info is often out there somewhere. Search on google or youtube and you'll easily find it. I just tested it and just searching for kirisun programming shows it as the top result.

In response to the original question, the speaker is slightly different on the S760. Thats all I know. Everything else seems to be the same as far as I know.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Chris64ex4
Regular
Regular

Post by Chris64ex4 »

radiosification wrote:
Chris64ex4 wrote: Got two of them to hand here now and I'm still struggling with the programming, the instructions supplied arent that great......
{bnghd}
Have a look at my video!! I'm constantly recommending them to people. If you search on the internet, the info is often out there somewhere. Search on google or youtube and you'll easily find it. I just tested it and just searching for kirisun programming shows it as the top result.
Had a look. looks like I need to order up that programming software from somewhere then....

These two came without cables, which are now being sourced.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Chris64ex4 wrote:
radiosification wrote:
{bnghd}
Had a look. looks like I need to order up that programming software from somewhere then....

Just to make sure you don't spend more than you need, you say cables: you only need one programming cable between all of the kirisuns.
M3ZZN

Post by M3ZZN »

are they actually any good i want to get some so my OH and i have more secure comms for our chats and also for emergancy comms we already have 2 baofeng bf88s cb radio and pmr 446 but we want to experiment more with range and security
chaych

Post by chaych »

M3ZZN wrote:are they actually any good i want to get some so my OH and i have more secure comms for our chats and also for emergancy comms we already have 2 baofeng bf88s cb radio and pmr 446 but we want to experiment more with range and security
When did the baofengs become CB radios?
Midland G7 XTR
Baofeng UV-5R+
Motorola XTNiD
Uniden Bearcat 3500XLT
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

M3ZZN wrote:are they actually any good i want to get some so my OH and i have more secure comms for our chats and also for emergancy comms we already have 2 baofeng bf88s cb radio and pmr 446 but we want to experiment more with range and security
If you want to experiment with more range then don't get these. These have far less range than any analog set I've tried of the same power. It only just beats pmr446 at 0.5W when these are using 4W.
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

I beg to difa on that.....I worked a friend with an S780 from bradford to garforth both with connectors rigged upto white sticks using only 4 watts on digital & the audio was spot on, difo kettle of fish on analog as the audio was very hit & miss.... Might not be as good as the mototrbo stuff but certainly work bloody well over a distance but that might just be my location but the S780's are just as good in my opinion it's just a shame there's no local digi kirisun repeater setup to work via as well

Also listening into my local DMR 70cm repeater the amount of times I hear the chatter from a trbo set struggerling to work via the repeater is quite supprising, so DMR certainly has it downfalls as well as its pro's....I've even heard them having to qsy to an analog 70cm repeater to make the contact because the DMR signal hasn't been strong enough to work the box where as the analog signal has.... Its weird one for sure

Cheers guys
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Mad4radio wrote:I beg to difa on that.....I worked a friend with an S780 from bradford to garforth both with connectors rigged upto white sticks using only 4 watts on digital & the audio was spot on, difo kettle of fish on analog as the audio was very hit & miss.... Might not be as good as the mototrbo stuff but certainly work bloody well over a distance but that might just be my location but the S780's are just as good in my opinion it's just a shame there's no local digi kirisun repeater setup to work via as well

Also listening into my local DMR 70cm repeater the amount of times I hear the chatter from a trbo set struggerling to work via the repeater is quite supprising, so DMR certainly has it downfalls as well as its pro's....I've even heard them having to qsy to an analog 70cm repeater to make the contact because the DMR signal hasn't been strong enough to work the box where as the analog signal has.... Its weird one for sure

Cheers guys
Interesting. From what I've experienced, the digital on the kirisuns is downright awful, and my TRBO kit gets a much much better range. Maybe mine are just from a bad batch or something, I dunno. I always thought that all of the s780s were like that, having bad range on digital.
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Defo not mate, I ain't slating the trbo stuff as I have one here & it's quite some peice of kit but the kirisun's I've easliy made a simplex contact with a mate over a huge distance (easy 9 mile as the crow flies) & the voice quality has been spot on. I do like the digi stuff & do like the mototrbo kit but my opinion is that the kirisun's are just as good only without the motorola badge name on it.... A good little radio for exploring the digi side of things with some nice little features

Take care buddy
Chris64ex4
Regular
Regular

Post by Chris64ex4 »

radiosification wrote:
Chris64ex4 wrote:Had a look. looks like I need to order up that programming software from somewhere then....

Just to make sure you don't spend more than you need, you say cables: you only need one programming cable between all of the kirisuns.
One cable on order from 409 shop plus a spare battery for a UV-5R

Is there a reasonably good link for that programming software? McAfee doesn't seem to like the Kirisun website....!
:shock:
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Mad4radio wrote:Defo not mate, I ain't slating the trbo stuff as I have one here & it's quite some peice of kit but the kirisun's I've easliy made a simplex contact with a mate over a huge distance (easy 9 mile as the crow flies) & the voice quality has been spot on. I do like the digi stuff & do like the mototrbo kit but my opinion is that the kirisun's are just as good only without the motorola badge name on it.... A good little radio for exploring the digi side of things with some nice little features

Take care buddy
Do you find any range difference between encrypted and unencrypted?
Chris64ex4 wrote:
One cable on order from 409 shop plus a spare battery for a UV-5R

Is there a reasonably good link for that programming software? McAfee doesn't seem to like the Kirisun website....!
:shock:
Don't worry, the website is fine, but you can try the s780 yahoo group if you'd rather.
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

@ radiosification

Don't know pal but I'll give it ago & then put the outcome on here.

Regards