Kirsun DP770 (DMR)

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Kirsun DP770 (DMR)

Post by radiosification »

Has anyone bought one or two of these?
I'm thinking of getting some but the price is a bit steep for me, being a student and all.
Just wondering whats the best price anyone else has been quoted? I told Kirisun I was gonna do a video review like I did for the S780 and they acted like they were offering a lower price (at $300 each), but then someone else on the d star yahoo group a few months ago had said that they were going for less than that price... ($300)

They also wanted £60 for the postage! Wtf!?
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Kirsun DP770 (DMR)

It's very interesting to search for DMR radio on alibaba and see what comes up.
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb ... =dmr+radio
I got a quote for the MYT DM-3000 for $195 a piece and its out in approx 2 months... Dunno how high quality it would be at that price though but hey at least its cheap and can be used for listening in.

There seem to be a lot cheaper radios on alibaba but I'm not sure about the quality. The DP770 seems very good quality and is even IP67, so submersible in water up to 1m for 30 mins I think.
What do you all think?
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

I'm holding out in the hope that the price of the mobile digital kirisun radio drops down in price as it would be a great base set in comparison to the s780's.

I've been thinking as well at what the chance's would be to get one of the s780's hooked upto the frn software & see how it would perform as a digital radio gateway as they's quite a few folk dotted around the globe that's acquired the s780 model, I'm thinking some features would be obsolete such as private call etc... But it would be nice to have a cheaper version of I suppose the DMR_MARC network based on the frn software version for the s780's to work via providing your within the footprint of the digital gateway, Big over in Australia as they is a few repeaters now in operation compatible for the s780's to work via looking at the comments on another forum.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

I was talking about the dp770 not the s780
moj

Post by moj »

its a very close copy to a hytera that I have but the antenna isn,t in the middle of the radio ;) if it comes down in price and its the same quality as the hytera its def one to watch on the dmr market ;)
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

You think its worth $300 or not?
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Eyes ain't as good as they used to be so appolagies :-)

& for the same price your paying for the 770 you might as well just buy a used cheap mototrbo set off flea bay with the capabilities of being able to work one of the DMr repeaters never mind just tune in & listen (hi hi)
moj

Post by moj »

if I'm being honest they look like a good copy of the hytera and if its the same manufacturer then the insides will be the same quality aswell but remember if it says there $300 dollars be prepared to pay the customs charge on top when they come into the uk m8 .

I was also looking at the myt set and the luiton and the bfdx because they all seem to be copys of each other but I still swear by the motorolas cause they do everything like they were made to do and work seamless with trbo software , just without the flashy screens and the really modern look etc :)
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Yeah, I mean I want to get 2 DMR radios, and I want them to be good quality. I'm just not sure whether to go for these kirisuns or just get motorolas. Second hand ones are not too expensive for the dp3400s but I really wanted one with a screen so I can have a few zones for listening in to other DMR users, as well as for use myself for communicating with the other radio.
The prices are quite similar really, but I don't think the motorolas will turn out to be cheaper once you have bought all the extras just to be able to program them. CPS - around £100 I think? Programming cable - copies for about £50.
Whereas the kirisun would include a cable and the software is free...

Lucky you reminded me about the customs there moj! I completely forgot. Do you know what percentage they charge on items like this?
moj

Post by moj »

Well I got stung with £35 postage from china and then out of the blue another £45 by customs through dhl 2 weeks later so as you can imagine $325 radio increased in price and I had no choice but to pay it m8 and that was with the bfdx radio that I bought .

that was my first dmr radio and to be fair it worked well but obviously it couldn't be used with genfit software like Motorola radios could and the quality of Motorola radios says it all , I have now the well made and robust and were designed for the dmr network.

I have now a Motorola dp3400 , 2 x Motorola dp3600 vhf and uhf , a hytera pd785 uhf , Motorola dm3400 mobile ,
a bfdx p-318 uhf ,

now in my opinion the Motorola and the hytera are the best functioning , I love the design of the hytera especially with the colour lcd screen and how you can change the frequency and colour code by the handset without a programming cable but to me the Motorola receives a better signal and is made to last obviously the downfall is you have to buy the cps software and the programming cable but if I'd of knew my Chinese radio was going to cost that much i'd of gone and bought a Motorola radio instead .

Also I found a couple of firmware bugs on the Chinese radios but if you pay less your bound to find slight bugs and after all they are just copies of motorola's and even the software on the bfdx was more or less an exact copy of the motorola cps but the difference is you get the cable and software with the radio etc.

If you check ebay the Motorola and the hytera radio bids are going through the roof now cause people are seeing there potential compared to cheap Chinese radios and if you need spare batterys and accessories you can buy original ones but with Chinese radios its harder to find batterys and programming cables and chargers.
Steel100
Regular
Regular

Post by Steel100 »

Have a look at the Sepura website. They are now offering DMR kit and have recently entered into an agreement with Kirisun. The Sepura DMR radios look like re-badged Kirisun's.
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

Steel100 wrote:Have a look at the Sepura website. They are now offering DMR kit and have recently entered into an agreement with Kirisun. The Sepura DMR radios look like re-badged Kirisun's.
Nah, they look quite different to me. If Sepura did sell re-badged Kirisuns, I daren't even contemplate how much they would add on to the price.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

The Kirisun DMR radio is not cheap as it is really. I mean they quoted me £188 per radio for 2 radios, and then £60 postage on top of that.
188+30= £218 per radio. And then theres import charges as well.
If the import duty is 20%, (Thats right isn't it?) then the total cost per radio is £255.60. (£188+ 20% of £188 + £30 postage)
All that adds up to more than the second hand cost of a DP3600, and far far more than a DP3400.

So at the moment I'm thinking, you know what, I may as well buy Motorolas second hand on ebay. Good quality is guaranteed and then I can even use extra features like RAS if I need to.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Well, I did go with the second hand Motorolas. I'll be putting a range testing video up later today on my youtube channel.
I'm still interested in the Kirisuns though. If anyone else has any, please do speak up, I'd like to know what you think of them!
moj

Post by moj »

Out of interest which model motorola did you end up getting?