MOTOROLA MC COMPACT UHF REPEATER programming

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
CA148

MOTOROLA MC COMPACT UHF REPEATER programming

Post by CA148 »

Hi all, recently aquired a 2nd hand MOTOROLA MC COMPACT UHF REPEATER Model MAL34EVM3206AT
currently set to UHF Hi Band TX/RX with 6.5 Mhz split, was wondering if anyone can point me to programming software/ hardware interface etc, or any info in general as it seems a bit vague via google search, just something to tinker with on a long winters night for future apocalypse scenario usage, Cheers :P

mattltm
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: MOTOROLA MC COMPACT UHF REPEATER programming

Post by mattltm »

I wondered who won that :)

I'll be interested to see how you get on with it. I used to install them for a living.

Are you going to use a cavity duplexer with it?
"Spooky action at a distance."
CA148

Post by CA148 »

I'll see what its like when it arrives, there is the option of two seperate antennas for maximum seperation or optional duplexer from China tuned to specific freqs, interesting that you used to install them for a living, would you happen to know a method for re-programming them, Ive always wanted my own repeater for a project for years ever since I got half way to building my own back in the 90's using an old Realistic base scanner with a bomb proof front end.
mattltm
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by mattltm »

Sadly, I never programed them. I just took them from the store room and put them up for a few weeks at a time, then removed them. I occasionally waved a soldering iron at a few. They worked well although sometimes prone to overheating. I would suggest that you check where the output transistors sit on the large heatsink as the thermal paste dries up and the transistors get hot then go boom! We used to service ours once every 6 months but they were in pretty constant use. I prefered to use the Tait repeaters when they were available but we only had 8 of them and they were out on long term jobs most of the time.

IIRC, we called them the MCR100. You may have some luck on the repeater builders yahoo group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/

You will probably need one of these - http://www.rfguys.com/product/motorola- ... ming-cable - and the Motorola programming software.

Is this the same as your one? - http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorol ... index.html
CA148

Post by CA148 »

Thanks for the links, very handy, Ive not actually received the unit yet, hoping it arrives tomorrow, I originally bid on another Motorola repeater that would cover down as low as 400Mhz but it went for crazy money, hoping it turns out to be a fun project for those long Winter nights.
superdave
Call Sign: M6JXP

Post by superdave »

Bit late to the party but I'm surprised nobody else picked up on the fact that a couple of months ago I posted about buying one of these and I have in fact managed to re-program it...
mattltm
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by mattltm »

Good job superdave!

Maybe you could pop the link to your post about reprogramming it here for the OP?
superdave

Post by superdave »

CA148

Post by CA148 »

Thanks for the bump, have sent you a PM superdave
superdave

Post by superdave »

8)
Angel2314
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Angel2314 »

I have the MC Compact repeater programming software and programming cables but I can neither read the repeater nor program it. With the passage of the years they are blocked .. How can I unlock it and read and program the Mc compact repeater?