Tetra. Is anyone else using it?

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Tetra. Is anyone else using it?

Post by pete_uk »

mr_h4ck3rm4n wrote:Good question.. i bought some cleartones from cleartone direct..

I am currently in angola working for around one week but i will be selling the following kit on my return to the uk...

3x Motorola MTH800s (c/w 2xRSM, 2x Klickfast Cases, RS-232 Cable, short and long antenna(s) , desk charger pods)
1x Motorola MTM800E (c/w fist mic, desk tray w/speaker and signalink usb cable)
2x Cleartone Cm9000 DMO REPEATERS 20W TX (c/w telephone handset ,2x fist mic, hands free interface for easy signalink connection, car din mounting kit)...

....programmed on 70cms

***Fixed price for the job lot!**

Cheers

...i will throw in a skymast 4 stack dipole array also

£100 ;) :mrgreen:
mr_h4ck3rm4n
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: MM6SGZ

Post by mr_h4ck3rm4n »

Lol...

I forgot to add 2x Franklin 50 ohm N type coaxstop to the list, these are professional antenna lightning protectors for the repeaters.

Cheers

Back in 3 days

HF
Yaesu FTdx1200, Kenwood TS590,
Sailor T2130 & T2031MF/HF Systems
Ameritron 811, Yeasu FL2100
VHF/UHF
Icom IC-208H, Icom IC-2820
Jotron TR7550 VHF Air
Antenna
Comet GP9, Hustler 5-BTV, 3 ELE Yagi 10m/11m
Data Interface
Kantronics Pactor TNC , MJF 1275X

QRZ.COM
rottydog
Regular
Regular

Post by rottydog »

I use Tetra and think it's great. Just using a couple of mth800's and a srm1000. I use it for local comms around town. Hoping to get a cm9000 soon. I'm a licensed radio amateur too!!! When I went to my local club to find out about getting licensed I was told not to bother with D-STAR because it was 'crap'. When I asked them to elaborate, I found out none of them had owned a D-Star radio it was just a predisposed bias at my club. South Yorkshire Repeater Group very kindly sent a D-STAR mobile radio to the club for us to try,so we could learn the system. It was never used. Just ridiculed. I left the club.

If you search around you can see hams using DMR, P25 and pDMR for amateur radio. It does seem to be more in the States where they are really experimenting with different digital standards we are playing catch up again.

Cheers Rotty :P
superdave
Call Sign: M6JXP

Post by superdave »

I wish DMR was more widespread in the UK. I'd love to give it a try. There are only 2 DMR sets on ebay UK right now, and one of them is a TRBO mobile radio.
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pete_uk »

My argument against D-Star and for things like TETRA is that D-Star is amateur only, so the kit will always be more expensive than ex commercial equipment. Whether thats right or not is another matter! :?
tetraboy22
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by tetraboy22 »

hello there i was wondering if you could possible help me
with my radio project i am making cm9000 (not bought yet ) talk to a tigertronics box witch should talk to the pc and make audio come out of the sepura srh3900
my intetion is to listen to american police audio throw my sepura
would it be possible for you to help me .
TRON

Post by TRON »

tetraboy22 wrote: my intetion is to listen to american police audio throw my sepura
would it be possible for you to help me .
Certainly... Please see here:

https://sites.google.com/a/digitalradio ... hacker/faq
Lions
New User
New User
Call Sign: OE1LON

Post by Lions »

First of all, i'am trying to get a hold on Tetra as well ;) Finally.
Yeti wrote: 18 Nov 2012, 21:56 First of all, replacement screen I can help with. I have several spare CM9000 heads.
Which brings me to my second point. i got an CM9000 transmitter but it's missing the head unit ;) So if anyone would have one, i'd be glad :)