FeiDaxin FD-A280 VHF

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
MM6TMS
Call Sign: 2M0HIE

FeiDaxin FD-A280 VHF

Post by MM6TMS »

FeiDaxin FD-A280. Anyone had a go? thinking about buying one.
MM6TMS->2M0HIE->MM0???

Yaesu FT70D FM/C4FM 5W
Anyone AT-778UV VHF/UHF 25W.
Baofeng BF-888s UHF x3 2W (ish)
Watson W-50 Dual Band antenna at 26ft
5 Element 145mhz yagi.
StoatTB

Re: FeiDaxin FD-A280 VHF

Post by StoatTB »

I've got the FeiDaxin FD-278B, a good wee radio for 70 cms. Bare in mind that you'll need to preprogramme the frequencies that you want and if you want to use a frequency not on the radio, you'll be snookered. :roll:
MM6TMS
Call Sign: 2M0HIE

Post by MM6TMS »

I only use a very limited number of channels on VHF like a few of the frequencies on either side of 145.500, a couple of net freqs and repeaters. Looking for something that i can have with me anywhere I go without running the battery down by playing with all the buttons, like I used to on my old Puxing. Plus they don't have a 'scanner' built in so on the off chance the cops ask 'ello ello ello, whats this then?' they cant try it on and take it off me. not that they'd ever catch me anyhoo, i'm like a whippet. lol.
MM6TMS->2M0HIE->MM0???

Yaesu FT70D FM/C4FM 5W
Anyone AT-778UV VHF/UHF 25W.
Baofeng BF-888s UHF x3 2W (ish)
Watson W-50 Dual Band antenna at 26ft
5 Element 145mhz yagi.
StoatTB

Post by StoatTB »

BTWR wrote:I only use a very limited number of channels on VHF like a few of the frequencies on either side of 145.500, a couple of net freqs and repeaters. Looking for something that i can have with me anywhere I go without running the battery down by playing with all the buttons, like I used to on my old Puxing.
That's why I use my FD-278B, it's simple to use and smaller that my usual Yaesu FT-60R - I can even stick it in my coat pocket without the antenna sticking out... For UHF round here where we only have the one repeater and one local simplex channel that I use, a channelised UHF radio is all I really need. It can be a pain at times though as the local 70 cms repeater uses Echolink. :roll: