Puxing or Intek ?

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Puxing or Intek ?

Post by Yeti »

Scott_93 wrote:I thought that Puxing's were now legal to use on the commercial bands as they have full CE approval, have a numpty mode and since the requirement for type approval was dropped, correct me if I'm wrong. Yes, you are quite correct about the police being able to take you in and spoil your day, but a lovely written report to the IPCC can help. What we really need is a test trial to see how far we can push our luck. Any takers ???

Scott.
Oh, they are - it's just Alannah's reading of the Act that's faulty :P

As for police, etc. In Scotland we don't have the IPCC, and the PCCS (Police Complaints Comissioner for Scotland) won't get involved until you've complained to the police themselves, and won't investigate when the police are being accused of a crime!

However, I have been stopped by the police with LOADS of different radio gear over the years - and the one that raised the LEAST eyebrows, was in fact, the Puxing 777 I had last time.
Will the next movie in the series be The Fast and The Funeral?
ElusiveStranger
Regular
Regular

Post by ElusiveStranger »

Also in addition to original question ,with the puxing 888's there's an "a" model a "d" model ,what is the difference with them ? have read various websites , postings, etc and not entirely sure. :?:
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

ElusiveStranger wrote:Also in addition to original question ,with the puxing 888's there's an "a" model a "d" model ,what is the difference with them ? have read various websites , postings, etc and not entirely sure. :?:
I had one of each.

The D model had a better 'radio' - for FM use, you could key in frequencies and stuff. But I couldn't self program the D model, I needed the PC lead for that.

I'm sure there was another difference too, but I can't remember what it was. I'm sure there was one extra setting on one of them.
alannah
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by alannah »

Yes obviously you’re correct, Mr pedantic, what I was trying to convey was that if the average person goes onto e-bay and buys a chinese takeaway then they can’t legally use them anywhere. What percentage of purchasers or users of such equipment have any kind of a license.

It would be misleading and irresponsible to suggest its legal to use a Puxing, Wouxun etc type radio in public or anywhere else come to that unless you have the appropriate license. It’s legal to do anything if the government are willing to grant a license to do it.
MikeSE9
Regular
Regular

Post by MikeSE9 »

Scott_93 wrote:
alannah wrote:Its true what you state, but the car analogy is not quite appropriate. The majority of people drive cars but only a minority use two way radios in public. You can easily draw attention to yourself if your not careful. A friend of mine was stopped by CID and had his scanner confiscated, he got it back after 2 days and much inconvenience. We live in a paranoid society and it pays to be discrete, take it from me ive been into radios for over 40yrs.

Section 36 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006 (possession of radio equipment for unlicensed or unauthorised use) is only one statutory instrument that makes it illegal to own a puxing, wouxun etc type radio as licensed hams are the only one legal market for them regardless of the frequency anyone intends to use them on so its not legal to own one at all in public or private for most people.

Try explaining to the police that what your doing is legal. if you pi** them off they'll take you in and spoil your day big time.
I thought that Puxing's were now legal to use on the commercial bands as they have full CE approval, have a numpty mode and since the requirement for type approval was dropped, correct me if I'm wrong. Yes, you are quite correct about the police being able to take you in and spoil your day, but a lovely written report to the IPCC can help. What we really need is a test trial to see how far we can push our luck. Any takers ???

Scott.
My FT9800 has a CE mark on it so is that now legal on the commercial bands
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

alannah wrote:Yes obviously you’re correct, Mr pedantic, what I was trying to convey was that if the average person goes onto e-bay and buys a chinese takeaway then they can’t legally use them anywhere.
True. Goes without saying. You have to use the specified equipment for the band/licence in use.
What percentage of purchasers or users of such equipment have any kind of a license.
Not my problem :P
Yeti
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Yeti »

MikeSE9 wrote:
Scott_93 wrote:
alannah wrote:Its true what you state, but the car analogy is not quite appropriate. The majority of people drive cars but only a minority use two way radios in public. You can easily draw attention to yourself if your not careful. A friend of mine was stopped by CID and had his scanner confiscated, he got it back after 2 days and much inconvenience. We live in a paranoid society and it pays to be discrete, take it from me ive been into radios for over 40yrs.

Section 36 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006 (possession of radio equipment for unlicensed or unauthorised use) is only one statutory instrument that makes it illegal to own a puxing, wouxun etc type radio as licensed hams are the only one legal market for them regardless of the frequency anyone intends to use them on so its not legal to own one at all in public or private for most people.

Try explaining to the police that what your doing is legal. if you pi** them off they'll take you in and spoil your day big time.
I thought that Puxing's were now legal to use on the commercial bands as they have full CE approval, have a numpty mode and since the requirement for type approval was dropped, correct me if I'm wrong. Yes, you are quite correct about the police being able to take you in and spoil your day, but a lovely written report to the IPCC can help. What we really need is a test trial to see how far we can push our luck. Any takers ???

Scott.
My FT9800 has a CE mark on it so is that now legal on the commercial bands
9800?

Anyway, if it meets the RTTE regs and works within specs on the band being used, and you have a licence for it, then yes.
MikeSE9
Regular
Regular

Post by MikeSE9 »

make that a FT8900
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

Post by Guzzy »