Mobile antennas for UHF handies??

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Scott_93
Call Sign: Sunray20Alph

Re: Mobile antennas for UHF handies??

Post by Scott_93 »

Ninja wrote:I appear to have upset some people in this thread, and I therefore genuinely apologise for that.

I thought as this was a forum where all manner of 'slightly not legal' topics were openly discussed then people would be 'cool' with me chatting about occationally using 4 watt Yaesu's for the PMR446 channels.

There are whole sections of this website devoted to listening to frequencies that it is illegal to listen to, using CB's/Radios that are illegal to use, transmitting on bands that are supposed to be illegal in the UK, and how to modify radios and antennas so that they become illegal...

I'm just some guy who occationally uses the PMR446 channels with a slightly higher wattage!.. nothing more to it.

Sorry again chaps, and your points are noted. :cry:
I have no issues with what you have mate, I didn't think that you were aware of the penalties thats all, if you are, the fair play to ya ;)

Scott.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Ninja wrote:I appear to have upset some people in this thread, and I therefore genuinely apologise for that.

I thought as this was a forum where all manner of 'slightly not legal' topics were openly discussed then people would be 'cool' with me chatting about occationally using 4 watt Yaesu's for the PMR446 channels.

There are whole sections of this website devoted to listening to frequencies that it is illegal to listen to, using CB's/Radios that are illegal to use, transmitting on bands that are supposed to be illegal in the UK, and how to modify radios and antennas so that they become illegal...

I'm just some guy who occationally uses the PMR446 channels with a slightly higher wattage!.. nothing more to it.

Sorry again chaps, and your points are noted. :cry:
Nobody is upset matie, we're just trying to lookout for you. Many of the forum members partake in a certain degree of "rule bending". That may be extra power, Out of band TXing, operating without a licence on the Ham bands, etc etc. Whilst a lot of this may be perfectly harmless and many thousands of people do it without incident, it still remains illegal in many circumstances. As with anything you can discuss the theory of it and also a method, but just be aware that if you actually admit outright to doing somehting, some as$hole jobswoth at Ofcom or worse could decide to be a total douche and prosecute. Just consider that when posting. You'll find all manner of discussions going on here, but when people say they have done X, Y or Z, they may choose to omit some key info, or speak in a third person sense, or even obscure their identity/location in some way.

There are'nt many radio-heads left and with the internet and other technology now firmly established, the last thing we need is more of our number off the air, whether by hook or by crook.

Stay safe, but more importantly, stay on the air and keep enjoying the hobby! :mrgreen:

Welcome to TM1 btw! :ugeek:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
YB135
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by YB135 »

Ninja, goto www.badland.co.uk look at the mobile radio section.

Pick an antenna, PM me the model and I'll PM you the price

This is top notch kit by the way, not your wide band / scanning crap :)
YB135
Ninja

Post by Ninja »

Ah excellent, thanks for that link.

I'll have a look!
Ivabigun
Regular
Regular

Post by Ivabigun »

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your Wouxun and the DTMF problem. Mine was working OK but after I replied to you mine also lost it's DTMF although still working on tx signal.

I found that if you ran the software and altered the "sidetone" setting then wrote it back to the KG UVD-1P all seemed to be ok.

If you need more info please let me know.