Puxing 888 charger/adapter "issues"

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
oliverp
Regular
Regular

Puxing 888 charger/adapter "issues"

Post by oliverp »

Hi all,

I got myself a pair of Puxing 888s from ebay and I'm having great fun with them but one of the chargers or adapters seems to play up.

The first time I tried to use it, when I turned it on (on a extension lead/block), the plug sparked, smelt of burning, and never worked! So I bought one of the variable AC/DC adapters from ASDA just to tide me over until the replacement was sent by the seller. I have used this for about two hours and it seems to have given up, it was red hot when I inspected it. I have tried the other adapter in it, and the charger is still working.

So this one charger has now got through 2 adapters in as many days. Now I'm wondering if this is bad luck, or if there could be a fault in the actual charger causing this issue?

Also does anyone know if the chargers are simply on a timer or whether they know how much to charge the battery. And one final question, what kind of battery life do you lot get out of your PX888s? I'm thinking a spare set of batteries for each could be a wise investment just in case.

Thanks in advance.
oliverp
Regular
Regular

Re: Puxing 888 charger/adapter "issues"

Post by oliverp »

Crikey I've just looked up when I first posted here about getting these radios, over 15 months ago! If I'd have taken a guess when I posted about it originally I'd have said about 6 months. Time flies eh.

Anyway, thanks in advance again. :)