Considering starting on 446

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
troutboy
Call Sign: 163TM001

Post by troutboy »

By the way Guzz i just tried that eQSO and to operate over the gateway you need to hold a amateur licence, which i don't.

So for the time being i think i'll knock this 446 craze in the head and concentrate on that CB rig i'm after.

Cheers for all the help guzz mate and a pleasure speaking to you as usual matey.
"May your tuning finger stay eager and your squelch well open"

James "troutboy" 163-TM-001
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

Post by Guzzy »

You're talking to yourself. Four posts in a row?

Lay off the sugar! :lol:

I don't know which web site you went to, buy the eQSO for PMR446 network DOES NOT require you to be a licenced amateur!

I reckon if you type the words "Motorola GP68" and "Jington" into Google you will get lots of information about them.

The Jingtons are cheap and cheerful chinese radios that have not been type approved for use over here (no CE mark). I would assume they are unable to achieve the CE mark (ie. they're dodgy in some way). You are unlikely to ever see them in a proper retail premises (a physical shop) because trading standards officials would remove them for not being CE approved.
troutboy

Post by troutboy »

I downloaded the software and it asked my name, address and callsign.

It said to transmit you needed a amateur licence.

As regards to the posts. Well i had a lot to say and no one to say it to.

Transmission 1 can be a lonely place sometimes :-({|=

troutboy

Post by troutboy »

i see in the box at the bottom you just type any callsign (make one up for yourself)

and which of the downloads do i need to connect a radio.

Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

Post by Guzzy »

eQSO for PMR446 if you want to talk/listen to the PMR446 eQSO Network via your PC (No radio needed)

eQSO RF GATEWAY for PMR446 if you want to connect a PMR446 walkie talkie radio to your computer to create an RF Gateway for the PMR446 eQSO Network.
troutboy

Post by troutboy »

ok i may as well use my computer, by the way guzz what do you think about a superstar 3900 +?110 used but as new with frequency counter

TimBucknall

Post by TimBucknall »

Just purchased a Oregon scientific TP-326 pair of units + charger for +?27 from www.wsplc.co.uk after being impressed by what you've got going with eqso and your dx attempts etc, will be active from Middleton Top derbyshire over the easter bank holiday will also take the CB and use channel UK 40 to coordinate