Uniden PMR845 not receiving?

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Uniden PMR845 not receiving?

Post by Mattylad »

Hello, I have a single Uniden PMR845 walkie talkie, given to me with a pair of Silvercrest Twintalker 4810 PMR walkie talkies.

The Silvercrest ones work OK, are set to CTSS as 00 (off) and DCS 00 (off) so should be able to receive signals from other walkie talkies on the same channel.
And they do, the Uniden can transmit and they can hear it OK.

Unfortunately the other way round is not the same, the Uniden cannot receive from the Silvercrest walkies.
Nor can my Bumfeng get a response when transmitting on the same frequency (well almost) despite receiving from the Uniden.

On the Uniden the receive indicator is on the display when the CTSS is set to 00 signifying that it is receiving and there is a low hum and static from the speaker.

Surely this radio should be able to receive from others? Or is it fubarr'd?
Any suggestions? schematics/service manuals?
Thank you.
radiogaga
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM399

Re: Uniden PMR845 not receiving?

Post by radiogaga »

I'm sure you have this, but just in case: https://www.pmctelecom.co.uk/media/atta ... 2CK_OM.pdf
26TM399 Hampshire and Isle of Wight
30TM399 Northern Costa Blanca
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Re: Uniden PMR845 not receiving?

Post by Mattylad »

Your assumption was correct, I do :)

Further googling has shown it to be a common problem and uniden just swap them for new ones. So it may be a case of strip it down, investigate the receive section, throw it in the junk bin.
Ah well, I got it for free so no loss, at least I have the battery pack that can be reused.