Problem programming Kenwood TK-3301

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Problem programming Kenwood TK-3301

Post by 310den »

310den wrote:
moj wrote:this sounds weird in theory it should work with the sample dat file aslong as a frequency is entered !
Exactly.
A fault must of developed but it's annoying as it will transmit in test mode in the software. Will have to be just a receiver now then unless i find a way round this.
Update for this radio:
I let the battery go very low and the looked at the level in engineer mode and set it at that lower level. It was obviously set way too high somehow, perhaps a previous owner played about with setting?
The radio now transmits fine and works as it should………. EXCEPT……….. there is no audio on transmission. No modulation at all, just a blank carrier being sent. I have tried normal and high level in the software but nothing. It's the same with a known working speaker/microphone.
I don't know if this was the case before as the radio did not work properly as did not transmit. Not too bothered about it but will keep trying but at least the one problem was solved. :think:
handyguy2002

Post by handyguy2002 »

hi guys, its been a while since ive been on here. but just noticed this thread. where can i get the software and what windows system are you using please
Binatone 950
QuanSheng TG-UV2
TYT 380 + TYT 9600
Kirisun S780
Uniden +BCT15x + BCD396t +BCD536 hp
HYTERA PD505
WHISTLER TRX2
310den
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by 310den »

handyguy2002 wrote:hi guys, its been a while since ive been on here. but just noticed this thread. where can i get the software and what windows system are you using please
I used windows 10 64 bit.
PM me an email address and I will send the software to you.