446 REPEATERS

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Re: 446 REPEATERS

Post by bigbloke »

scanhermit wrote:I heard some Morse code-like beeping on PMR446 while driving through Chesterfield. It sounded like the stuff you hear from Ham repeaters. Has anyone set one up in the crooked spire?
thats the 446 muppets FRN gateway
scanhermit

Post by scanhermit »

Ah, thanks.
Steve B
Regular
Regular

Post by Steve B »

There is quite an interesting PMR phenomenon happening around Spain lately. All throughout the province of Valencia and Castellon there are tons of PMR repeaters running with or without ctcss, out in the mountainside, often with 25 watts. It's not legal but it's definitely very welcome by the PMR communities here and nobody has yet to get in trouble for having it.
30-Tango-Mike-003
Good Christian Boys: Midland G7 XTR "Street-Legal" PMR 3-watter - Kenwood UBZ-LJ8 PMR446 - Intek FM548SX (With Homogolation boys 8) )
Naughty Boys: Philips 25W FM1100 UHF w/PA4DEN - Baofeng UV5RA, Superstar 360FM (My good one!) w/ CTE 747 100W Amp
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

recat wrote:There is quite an interesting PMR phenomenon happening around Spain lately. All throughout the province of Valencia and Castellon there are tons of PMR repeaters running with or without ctcss, out in the mountainside, often with 25 watts. It's not legal but it's definitely very welcome by the PMR communities here and nobody has yet to get in trouble for having it.
Do you mean PMR446 or PMR? Are they simplex repeaters?
If so, that's pretty cool. It would be nice if there were some simplex repeaters here in the UK. There was one in London once that I could just about get into, but was quite difficult because the signal was weak and it was fairly far away from me.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Steve B
Regular
Regular

Post by Steve B »

radiosification wrote:
recat wrote:There is quite an interesting PMR phenomenon happening around Spain lately. All throughout the province of Valencia and Castellon there are tons of PMR repeaters running with or without ctcss, out in the mountainside, often with 25 watts. It's not legal but it's definitely very welcome by the PMR communities here and nobody has yet to get in trouble for having it.
Do you mean PMR446 or PMR? Are they simplex repeaters?
If so, that's pretty cool. It would be nice if there were some simplex repeaters here in the UK. There was one in London once that I could just about get into, but was quite difficult because the signal was weak and it was fairly far away from me.
PMR446, Sorry and yes they are simplex (parrot) repeaters. I've heard of people doing duplex with PMR 1 and PMR 8, but haven't encountered one yet. and wow, one in london! If only there was some kind of database to classify all the PMR446 repeaters up here! :D
30-Tango-Mike-003
Good Christian Boys: Midland G7 XTR "Street-Legal" PMR 3-watter - Kenwood UBZ-LJ8 PMR446 - Intek FM548SX (With Homogolation boys 8) )
Naughty Boys: Philips 25W FM1100 UHF w/PA4DEN - Baofeng UV5RA, Superstar 360FM (My good one!) w/ CTE 747 100W Amp
Werthers
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Werthers »

I thought I'd dug this old thread up. I think I heard a repeater today on channel 9, I heard some Morse and every time I called out I heard myself being repeated, it was somewhat down in the noise but I could here it.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Parrot repeaters are quite popular. Its a nice little project for someone :-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
rpcomms

Post by rpcomms »

why use split freqs repeater when on simplex?
instead use split ctcss tones on repeater simplex freq's easier and slightly easier and most of the advance legal pmr446 radios support it,and some of the new ctcss cb radios too for 2021

Base unit
tx base enc 67hz
rx base dec 77hz

mobile\HT
rx mobile enc 77hz
tx mobile dec 67Hz

works fine

Rob P 73's
rpcomms

Post by rpcomms »

why use split freqs repeater when on simplex?
instead use split ctcss tones on repeater simplex freq's easier and slightly easier and most of the advance legal pmr446 radios support it,and some of the new ctcss cb radios too for 2021

Base unit
tx base enc 67hz
rx base dec 77hz

mobile\HT
rx mobile enc 77hz
tx mobile dec 67Hz

works fine :D

Rob P 73's