FOUND

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
troggy10
Call Sign: g0lyv

FOUND

Post by troggy10 »

Hi All , found whilst walking my dog in the southdene area of kirkby l32 , the front off a walky talky , grey and black , in new condition , if you lost it contact me on this email address [email protected] , cheers all , f.y,i. i am listening on channel 1 on the 446 mhz band , byeee :)
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Re: FOUND

Post by Otter »

Or hand it in to the local police station?
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
troggy10

Post by troggy10 »

Hi mate , bit drastic that , lol , its in brand new condition , i hate the thought of someone looking at a brand new walky with the front missing , i found it just around the corner from where i live and am thinking it must belong to someone close , besides our cop shop is never open , lol , cheers anyway for the reply mate , troggy . :)
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Your lucky u have a plod shop...
troggy10

Post by troggy10 »

YES LOL . ;)
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

A police station? I remember those!
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Post by Mattylad »

Perhaps put a waterproof note somewhere on the walk.

I used to take my bumfeng on a dog walk but have found it to be pretty quiet and the dog struggles keying it.
troggy10

Post by troggy10 »

I like that one lol , I listen mostly on channel 1 and can hear a few people on there , I just wondered if it may have been one of them that dropped it , was listening on ch 8 last night and heard 2 people who i presume were radio hams as they were talking about 2mt and 70 cm antennas , but dont know ? called in but they must have been on with ctcss switched in as they did not reply to me , There seems to be more activity on 446mhz these days than on 2mtrs and 70cms is totally dead by me :( , I will keep calling on ch 1 though just in case they dropped it , I just hate radio kit /bits going missing or getting lost , Thats just me though lol .