Re:RT-SRC1+ Simplex Repeater

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
albrecht

Re:RT-SRC1+ Simplex Repeater

Post by albrecht »

Some time back I purchased one of the simplex repeaters brand new. It worked fine for some time, but now is not doing so. I wonder whether you can help with some advice please.
I connected the lead to a handheld transceiver (a Midland G7) and switched on both the transceiver and repeater, also a Baofeng handheld transceiver to transmit to it. The repeater continues to switch between red and green when I am transmitting to the unit with the Baofeng, rather than lighting up green (as it should). I have tried other transceivers, but with the same results. This means that it is unusable as a repeater.
I tried charging the battery but it went straight to green, in theory it should be fully charged up.
The repeater has always been well cared for. I am using it on Simple Repeater Operation mode now and again.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Re:RT-SRC1+ Simplex Repeater

Post by kr0ne »

Have you tried keying it up from a bit further away? If you are right on top of it, your TX signal may be too strong for the receiving radio...
albrecht

Re: Re:RT-SRC1+ Simplex Repeater

Post by albrecht »

Thanks for the tip. If that doesn't work I'll try to get a new battery.