Baofeng. Wide Or Narrow?

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Baofeng. Wide Or Narrow?

Post by kr0ne »

In the UK at least, PMR446 uses 12.5kHz channel spacing... Couldn't swear to the rest of Europe but I think it's the same everywhere.
mm3oqr
Call Sign: MM3OQR

Post by mm3oqr »

That's true. PMR446 is definitely not wide.
nickg01
Regular
Regular

Post by nickg01 »

Hi guys,kinda new to this, I am looking for some one to help me out,I have a baofeng uv5rc but don't have a PC and need some one who could help me out with this . I would be willing to pay some one for programming my handset, I'm in the west Midlands, so if there are any good simmaritans out there willing to give an old guy a hand, I would be VERY greatful,
Road_Hog
Banned
Banned

Post by Road_Hog »

Have you checked if Chirp works on your tablet?

You don't have your location listed next to your forum name, kinda of makes it difficult if you're looking for local help. Last time I looked, W.Mids was halfway up the M6, have down the M40 to London or down the M5 to Cheltenham.
davej13
New User
New User

Post by davej13 »

I've two Baofeng UV-5R v2+, and some basic PMR446 radios and have had no problems using the together on narrow or wide.