binatone 1100 mod

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

binatone 1100 mod

Post by MW6ZAN »

hi all heres that antenna mod on the binatone 1100 pmr the antenna is the intek 505sr and the antenna sma is the intek had to file down the base of the sma mount to fit the binatone no real problem seems to pick up a lot better still working on range but its running 0.5 watt i have not modded the power i think its possible to increase to 2 watts but why bother no real benefit sending a pic of the sets best regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pmr446man
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: binatone 1100 mod

Post by pmr446man »

I presume this mod works with 950s and 1000S etc.
pmr446 king.
MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by MW6ZAN »

pmr446man yes mod should do nice you will have to possibly mod the sma mount to fit but other than that no real problems. I have spent the day today messing about with the radios did some tests with a mate he lives approx 2 clicks from my home built up quite a bit, but the modded radio worked very well against the standard radio, on receive incoming sugnal was still workable two and a half a mile from base signal lost on the unmodded set. Tx range was very good from house to house on the unmodded radio tx signal of s5 received.On the modded radio tx signal s9+ received not at all that bad considering only 0.5 watts used both ways on 446 handsets hope this info is of help.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

MW6ZAN wrote: but its running 0.5 watt i have not modded the power i think its possible to increase to 2 watts but why bother no real benefit
AMEN.

Someone who gets it.

Benefit = an extra 200 yards range under normal conditions/locations.

Bummer = batteries last 1 hour instead of 6 hours.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
MW6ZAN
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by MW6ZAN »

Hi all just a quick update on the mod after testing I have returned the radio to standard re fixed the original antenna I found that the net gains by doing the mod made little difference to the range on the radio also doing a power mod to the set would have made very little gain in range but would have increased battery drain in standard config the set is performing very well im getting contact 1.5 miles built up location I have not as yet been able to do a test on open ground for the price the binatone 1100 is very good value and has a very good build quality.