100 Watt 446 MHz Amp

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM552

100 Watt 446 MHz Amp

Post by RadioPixie »

Hi

Looking for a 100 watt or more linear amplifier that works well on 446 MHz, runs on 12 volts and preferably with a switchable pre-amp. Any recommendations??

Cheers
73 from Dave the Pixie - 26CT052 - 26TM552 - CB Radioaficionado
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 100 Watt 446 MHz Amp

Post by Adriano9966 »

:lol: This is not a start up an argument thread is it ?? :?
:) erm I suppose an amplifier for 70 cms would work theoretically or should that be allegedly? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RadioPixie »

Yes it's a wind up, I couldn't help it. Honest your Honour :D
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

I think we should have a rule to stop these threads that you have even admitted to being a "wind up"!

Soon the "band police" will arrive on this thread and the boring record will start to play again of 446 regulations being echoed across this forum even though many are already informed of them.... {bnghd} Is this really what you wanted to happen!? Even if this is just a joke many people are going to be talking about PMR446 regulations and "type approval" now... :(

Please, I beg of you don't post things like this again unless it is a genuine request. Also I advise all other users to not post about pmr446 regulations just to troll or be band police UNLESS talking to people who are new to the hobby and they are not informed of them...

Perhaps the administrator of this board can make a stickied post showing the 446 regulations so they are not discussed within almost EVERY thread in this forum?

This is not a board to discuss laws and regulations its to discuss technology,operation and radio-science. If you care so much about regulations please go to to the "AMATEUR RADIO" Section of this forum.

I have found it strange how CB regulations are of a rarity on the CB radio section of the forum but here there is a large influx of band police and its obvious most of the posts are to troll.... :roll:
Warden
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM612

Post by Warden »

I have a 45 watt UHF radio and a 17 Element OP-DES if it's of any use to you, for a small fee. :D
26-TM-612

No one rules if no one obeys.

Winner of the amazing In before the lock game 09/09/14 :)
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Excalibur »

Warden wrote:I have a 45 watt UHF radio and a 17 Element OP-DES if it's of any use to you, for a small fee. :D

What type of radio is it? That sounds quite good.
DX-Digger
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: TM205

Post by DX-Digger »

Will this do ya? should do about 600W?
all ceramic mounted pcbs the whole housing is a giant heatsink!
About 20" long and 12" wide and 5" deep and weights a ton!
I have two of them I was all ready to use them both on my packet radio repeater using ch1 and ch8 complete with internet linking, but Me mum said I'm not allowed cus of the Electric bill! :lol: :crazy:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

:lol:

Lighten up Excalibur! :-)
pmr446man
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pmr446man »

Nah I want 200w.
pmr446 king.
buzz500
Regular
Regular

Post by buzz500 »

:P I want a pmr that does a kw out the back,let me get bladdered,go on ch 19,and i'll instantly have one.
P.S. I live in Ballamorey,so whats the story there? :D :D :D :D
Buzz
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RadioPixie »

Excalibur wrote:I think we should have a rule to stop these threads that you have even admitted to being a "wind up"!

Soon the "band police" will arrive on this thread and the boring record will start to play again of 446 regulations being echoed across this forum even though many are already informed of them.... {bnghd} Is this really what you wanted to happen!? Even if this is just a joke many people are going to be talking about PMR446 regulations and "type approval" now... :(

Fair comment, though it hasn't happened yet. Don't worry bullies deep down are cowards and they will soon get bored and Foxtrot Oscar.

Please, I beg of you don't post things like this again unless it is a genuine request. Also I advise all other users to not post about pmr446 regulations just to troll or be band police UNLESS talking to people who are new to the hobby and they are not informed of them...

Perhaps the administrator of this board can make a stickied post showing the 446 regulations so they are not discussed within almost EVERY thread in this forum?

A sticky is a good idea to make clear what the PMR446 regulations state. Then as adults we can weigh up the risks.

This is not a board to discuss laws and regulations its to discuss technology,operation and radio-science. If you care so much about regulations please go to to the "AMATEUR RADIO" Section of this for.

Yes amateur radio does get brought in a lot in many a thread on these forums. Digression though on TM1 is infectious :sick:

I have found it strange how CB regulations are of a rarity on the CB radio section of the forum but here there is a large influx of band police and its obvious most of the posts are to troll.... :roll:

Very true, but then CB is basically been written off. I think that some of the band police just want to dump the rotten eggs in one basket, but many of us take CB and non-amateur radio seriously and are not a_holes.
Nice to see that you have put up some intelligent points. Much better than the, "you are lazy get a licence" and when you do get a licence then its "you deserve all the abuse you get as you didn't progress!!" Pathetic is it not?

Right, who's up for some 446 eme moon bouncy bouncy with my 4 stacked array to see if my 5-tone call facility is working. Ssshh don't tell anyone :shh:
pmr446man
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pmr446man »

RadioPixie wrote:
Excalibur wrote:I think we should have a rule to stop these threads that you have even admitted to being a "wind up"!

Fair comment, though it hasn't happened yet. Don't worry bullies deep down are cowards and they will soon get bored and Foxtrot Oscar.

A sticky is a good idea to make clear what the PMR446 regulations state. Then as adults we can weigh up the risks.

This is not a board to discuss laws and regulations its to discuss technology,operation and radio-science. If you care so much about regulations please go to to the "AMATEUR RADIO" Section of this for.

Yes amateur radio does get brought in a lot in many a thread on these forums. Digression though on TM1 is infectious :sick:

Very true, but then CB is basically been written off. I think that some of the band police just want to dump the rotten eggs in one basket, but many of us take CB and non-amateur radio seriously and are not a_holes.
Nice to see that you have put up some intelligent points. Much better than the, "you are lazy get a licence" and when you do get a licence then its "you deserve all the abuse you get as you didn't progress!!" Pathetic is it not?

Right, who's up for some 446 eme moon bouncy bouncy with my 4 stacked array to see if my 5-tone call facility is working. Ssshh don't tell anyone :shh:
I live in Penzance the land of the pirates how much power to reach there?
pmr446 king.
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RadioPixie »

If I go on top of St. Agnes Beacon to Penzance - 0.5 watt :)
bigpimp347
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by bigpimp347 »

anyone got any more information on the four 446 users that got busted in leicester for using 446 illegally ??
surely people knowing ofcom are listening and are taking note would make people quieten down on what they do.. :)
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Only 100w ? Feck that for a larf.... Aint running low power for anyone.... :shock:

If yer going to run norty then why faff an fart ar$e about.....might aswell get some right wallop shoved into yer antenna.....

Maybe.... ;)