PMR446 Radios that can be made higher power output?

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
M6UCW
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0UCW
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UB7 Greater London)

Re: PMR446 Radios that can be made higher power output?

Post by M6UCW »

We're battling with 0.5w on PMR446 so 0.1w on LPD433 is going to be interesting.
Winner of the amazing In before the lock game 16/07/14
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM552

Post by RadioPixie »

GeeFull wrote:
RadioPixie wrote:You can carry on explaining to newbies about regulations if you like, but this is TM1 after all. Haven't you noticed it's has a big share pirates and freebanders (Big Pimp would also say freeloaders :lol: ).

By all means carry on, but while the manufacturers build in ways of expansion that can be tapped into, you can't really stop people tinkering. And it's that technical tinkering that (as it seems to me) was what this thread was about in the first place.
Using the excuse that its all manufacturers fault, by making radio's "expandable" that encourages people to "dabble" and bend/break the rules is complete nonsense!
The same thinking could be applied to all good looking women, deserve the lurid attention and sexual harassment they sometimes get, or my cars got 150 MPH on the clock........you can't blame me for trying to achieve it!
No you can't "stop them tinkering", but someone who's very signature line lumps everyone from legal amateurs, to pirate broadcasters, in the one encompassing title of "Radio Afficionados".........is hardly trying to tow the sensible, legal, lawful line!
Doesn't matter if you are CB'ers, Freebanders, Pirate Broadcasters, PMR'ers, Amateurs or Scanner & Shortwave Listeners, we are still fellow Radio Aficionados ;)
If someone had a tagline of "Sexual predators, peadophiles, rapists, and happily married couples.....they are all just Sex Afficianados"!
Would you feel the same?
Extreme example I know........but you get my point!
I honestly can not believe a licenced amateur truely believes a "pirate radio operator" is simply a fellow "Radio Afficiando", and nothing more than a harmless fellow entheusiast!
"Tinkering with radio", has ALWAYS been part of the hobby, BUT there is a very large destinction between "Legal Tinkering", and "Illegal Tinkering"....just because its "there" and made available in some hidden "Menu", or snip of a wire!
All radio, be it Amateur, or CB/446 is there for people to enjoy, NOT bend rules to suit, or ignore rules, or simply make up your own set of standards, and blaming manufacturers, for the actions of the "never satisfied/can't be bothered to do it legaly", holds no merit at all!
Wouldn't waste my time to replying to such b0ll0x :crazy:
73 from Dave the Pixie - 26CT052 - 26TM552 - CB Radioaficionado
M6UCW
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 2E0UCW
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UB7 Greater London)

Post by M6UCW »

At the end of it all, enthusiasts should promote the legal us of PMR446 and those going over 0.5w should not complain about those doing the same whether it be using 5w or more.
Winner of the amazing In before the lock game 16/07/14
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

I dont give a toss who uses what but it gets me when the riding schools leave em im tx for ages yet aint saying owt.... :thumbdown:
mayhemicmayhem

Post by mayhemicmayhem »

The Intek 5050 can be!
GeeFull
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by GeeFull »

RadioPixie wrote:
I am sure you would'nt......the tagline says it all, in your case! ;)
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RadioPixie »

:yawn: I'm not biting
GeeFull
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by GeeFull »

RadioPixie wrote::yawn: I'm not biting
:D
I am glad you are comfortable in your own shoes, where would the world be without "satisfied souls", irrespective of their differing deeply felt beliefs? :thumbup:
Lifes too short for getting "personal"! ;)
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

GeeFull wrote:
RadioPixie wrote:
GeeFull wrote:I started with a CB radio, 40 channel AM pre legalisation.
A lot of my "contemporaries", from when I took the amateur exam, and a few years later, like me had dabbled in a bit of AM CB
Pot, Kettle, Black perhaps ?
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
pmr446man
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pmr446man »

LeakyFeeder wrote:I dont give a toss who uses what but it gets me when the riding schools leave em im tx for ages yet aint saying owt.... :thumbdown:
I agree with this.
pmr446 king.
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RadioPixie »

GeeFull wrote:
RadioPixie wrote::yawn: I'm not biting
:D
I am glad you are comfortable in your own shoes, where would the world be without "satisfied souls", irrespective of their differing deeply felt beliefs? :thumbup:
Lifes too short for getting "personal"! ;)
That's very perceptive of you, I am pretty comfortable in my shoes ;)
GeeFull
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by GeeFull »

Mikel wrote:
GeeFull wrote:
RadioPixie wrote:
GeeFull wrote:I started with a CB radio, 40 channel AM pre legalisation.A lot of my "contemporaries", from when I took the amateur exam, and a few years later, like me had dabbled in a bit of AM CB
Pot, Kettle, Black perhaps ?
Pots and kettles would most certainly apply if I still "indulged" in extra curricular radio activities, post gaining a licence!
Or simply took out a licence to "keep the man off my back" whilst continuing to indulge "elsewhere"!
I would never hide the fact I once "pre amateur licence", and actualy "pre legal CB", indulged in a bit of 11 meters operation, but post aquiring my amateur licences, NO!
So definately no "pots and kettles", or dual "hide behind the licence" standards my way!
And you can choose to believe that or not, thats entirely up to you!
At least I am honest enough to admit a "shady", "learnt a lesson" past, there are many never will, and some even continue to "wear" their amateur licence, as a false badge of legal conformity! ;)
northernraider
Regular
Regular

Post by northernraider »

antenna1 wrote:Any one know what standard PMR446 radios can be programmed / mod to give higher power output,

TTI TXL-446 via software 2/3w
Inkek mt5500 4w
intek mt330 2/3w

Any more anyone

Baofeng UV5Rc can be set to 4 watts from .5 watt at the touch of the button with a key on it.
chaych

Post by chaych »

northernraider wrote:
antenna1 wrote:Any one know what standard PMR446 radios can be programmed / mod to give higher power output,

TTI TXL-446 via software 2/3w
Inkek mt5500 4w
intek mt330 2/3w

Any more anyone

Baofeng UV5Rc can be set to 4 watts from .5 watt at the touch of the button with a key on it.
it's 1W low power I think. my personal tests indicates a higher output than my 0.5W radios
Midland G7 XTR
Baofeng UV-5R+
Motorola XTNiD
Uniden Bearcat 3500XLT