446 Parrot repeater online!!

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
Excalibur
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: 446 Parrot repeater online!!

Post by Excalibur »

I would recommend using PMR446 instead of LPD433 as I stated earlier other users use LPD433 but on PMR446 its LICENCE FREE and has no licensed users on it so there is almost no chance of you causing interference to genuine licenced users! Just stay away from LPD433 it's just asking for trouble
Gaygordon
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M0xxx

Post by Gaygordon »

Excalibur wrote:I would recommend using PMR446 instead of LPD433 as I stated earlier other users use LPD433 but on PMR446 its LICENCE FREE and has no licensed users on it so there is almost no chance of you causing interference to genuine licenced users! Just stay away from LPD433 it's just asking for trouble
Hell yes, why not? Then you'll only be causing a nuisance to PMR446 users who just want to go about their (legal) business. I'm sure they won't mind :lol: :lol: :lol:
chaych

Post by chaych »

Gaygordon wrote:
Excalibur wrote:I would recommend using PMR446 instead of LPD433 as I stated earlier other users use LPD433 but on PMR446 its LICENCE FREE and has no licensed users on it so there is almost no chance of you causing interference to genuine licenced users! Just stay away from LPD433 it's just asking for trouble
Hell yes, why not? Then you'll only be causing a nuisance to PMR446 users who just want to go about their (legal) business. I'm sure they won't mind :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unless the repeater is broadcasting 24/7, I don't see how it will cause a nuisance and hog the channel. Legal users who don't use the same channel/CTCSS won't trigger the repeater and so won't notice anything
Midland G7 XTR
Baofeng UV-5R+
Motorola XTNiD
Uniden Bearcat 3500XLT
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Excalibur wrote:as I stated earlier other users use LPD433 but on PMR446 its LICENCE FREE and has no licensed users on it so there is almost no chance of you causing interference to genuine licenced users!
I'm afraid that this information is completely incorrect:

http://spectruminfo.ofcom.org.uk/spectr ... mit+search
M3ZZN

Post by M3ZZN »

might not be a good idea to use lpd i would of thought they would moan as well
we aint all moaners i like the fact your doing a simplex repeater its the old fart g's you have to worry about!!
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

with respect, though you are technically "in the right", there's no sense in prodding a sleeping bear is there?

It's legal, maybe, but why draw attention to yourself?
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Tarambor
Banned
Banned

Post by Tarambor »

LPD devices must only be used with the integral and non-removable antenna with a maximum legal power output of 10 mW.
If someone can hear your repeater more than a few hundred yards away on 433 you're not legal and you can expect an amateur hearing it to drop a line to OFCOM who can then DF you using their nationwide network of receivers from the comfort of an office chair at Baldock.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

I'm pretty sure that even at 10mW a repeater is technically illegal...

Once again, I'm not saying don't do it - just be sensible about it. Setting an illegal repeater up on a freq that amateurs monitor is just asking for the wrong people to notice you.