VHF CB proposal

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.

Should we have a VHF CB allocation?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 95

scanhermit

Re: VHF CB proposal

Post by scanhermit »

Tarambor wrote:
scanhermit wrote:There seems to be sod all CB or PMR usage in the Vale of York between Wetherby and York. I've never picked up any ham activity on VHF or UHF either.
Your radio must be broken. GB3YW is very busy and can be heard on the east coast.
You are very correct - can hear it loud and clear today.
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by StormShadow »

I see that 449 MHz is picking up, the amount of f-ing and blinding I've heard so far is nuts. I had a decent QSO on 449.400 :D "I hold a PMR license" as well as an intermediate license. Maybe the beginning of something... 449.400 has been interesting.
scanhermit

Post by scanhermit »

Three channels isn't it? That could get crowded.
pmr446man
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by pmr446man »

Hopefully it will happen.
pmr446 king.
albrecht

Post by albrecht »

2E1IIP wrote:And when the zombie apocalypse hits (metaphor) and the phone masts go down and the internet is "switched off", what method of communication will be available?
Discuss...
Could be battery powered walkie talkies, unless you have a motor bike battery.
GeeFull
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by GeeFull »

albrecht wrote:
2E1IIP wrote:And when the zombie apocalypse hits (metaphor) and the phone masts go down and the internet is "switched off", what method of communication will be available?
Discuss...
Could be battery powered walkie talkies, unless you have a motor bike battery.
And when the batteries run out, light "smokey" bonfires on the nearest hill top and wave blankets over them....."Heap big message-um paleface!", or simply wave flags at each other! (Worked for Nelson!) :D
Or simply get off your arris, and walk over to the next hill, and have a chat! :D