DIY 1-30 Mhz Graphic Antenna SWR Analyser

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
Steve B
Regular
Regular

DIY 1-30 Mhz Graphic Antenna SWR Analyser

Post by Steve B »

Just wanted to show a project I completed a while ago.
Uses an AD9850 signal generator, 2 unobtanium expensive diodes, an arduino and a slew of miscelaneous passives.

I had it connected to this ****-o-rama mobile antenna on my balcony.

And this is the SWR curve it reported. Matches with the SWR I measured with my proper shortwave SWR meter. Was really happy with it.

And lastly, here is the curve it shows connected to a full-size ground-plane CB antenna!

Inspiration to build it, the schematic, and source code was found here: http://www.dg7eao.de/arduino/antennen-analysator/ (warning: GERMAN! :shock: )

In total, I spent about £10 on the signal generator, already had the arduino, spent £5 on the diodes (god above :crazy: ), and another 5 on the rest of the passives from a local electronics shop. Pretty cheap overall, and works amazingly.
30-Tango-Mike-003
Good Christian Boys: Midland G7 XTR "Street-Legal" PMR 3-watter - Kenwood UBZ-LJ8 PMR446 - Intek FM548SX (With Homogolation boys 8) )
Naughty Boys: Philips 25W FM1100 UHF w/PA4DEN - Baofeng UV5RA, Superstar 360FM (My good one!) w/ CTE 747 100W Amp
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: DIY 1-30 Mhz Graphic Antenna SWR Analyser

Post by andymuza »

Excellent work, well done. I will have a look at that link, I can see a little winter project coming on.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.