Modulator / Scarlet Warrior Dipole Antenna

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
bigfella
Regular
Regular

Modulator / Scarlet Warrior Dipole Antenna

Post by bigfella »

Thinking of a low key antenna for 10-11m use.

Was thinking of using 2x mobile antennas such as Modulators or Scarlet Warriors on a 3/8 dipole mount, mounted above the roofline vertically polarised.

Has anyone tried this antenna setup, were the results any good?
andrew013
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT013

Re: Modulator / Scarlet Warrior Dipole Antenna

Post by andrew013 »

i used two quad wire wound mobile ants by solarcon i think but i used them horizontal worked ok ish i also used 2 dv 27s did work but quite poor it was more for mobile use to have a vert and horizontal but then i thought if im going to use a dipole for mobile i may as well get a 4 ele beam to go mobile with so now i take an imax 2000 and or the 4ele for mobile or a 1/4 wave whip for the car as well
i never did try scarlet warriors as the quad wire ants broke the mount with their weight :(
on air,tyne&wear,northumberland,durham,holy island,eu120+eu124 and anywhere from gateshead/north wales
scrap uk 40 give cbers L/M/Hcalling on 27.355/555 usb qsy 27.015 lsb/410 usb cb radio is for life not just for profits
i do cb radio not 11mtres,countrys worked 2015 with imax 2000 72
bigfella
Regular
Regular

Post by bigfella »

Thanks for the advice, I thought they might make a good "off the shelf" solution that would be visually neat and tidy and more to the point, fairly low key.
Dragonfly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM363

Post by Dragonfly »

If they worked ok everyone would have one ,There is the Excalliber antenas but they are also lame . The Watpole made from a halfbreed and a Quarterwave ground was the old favorite . Wire dipole or GP in the loft is usually as good as it gets for a stealth antenna .
jason
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26TM070

Post by jason »

Now i had a watpole about 1981 . Did ok for what it was . Cheers for bringing back the memory :-)
bigfella
Regular
Regular

Post by bigfella »

Haha, no worries!