Home made Printed circuit boards

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
Techquest
Call Sign: 29VLF125

Home made Printed circuit boards

Post by Techquest »

a few photos of my next project 0 to 250Mhz Rf sig geni pcbs.
using negative photo resist film.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Techquest AKA Jedi
Av101 Astro Plane Old Imax n Loads of Radios
Mmmmmmmmmmm ADAMS n other Presidents
radio pete
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26EY49G7xxx

Re: Home made Printed circuit boards

Post by radio pete »

they look good Ray.
theEarwigger
Call Sign: M0RZF

Post by theEarwigger »

Looks good for a home effort...

But why would anyone do this? Chinese PCBs are about £2 each, plated thru and resisted.
Techquest
Call Sign: 29VLF125

Post by Techquest »

As the thread title homebrew equipiment not true homebrew if your farming out work to third parties.
plus i can have a board for what i want in a few hours not have to wait weeks or months for it.
Techquest AKA Jedi
Av101 Astro Plane Old Imax n Loads of Radios
Mmmmmmmmmmm ADAMS n other Presidents
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Post by Mattylad »

If your going to home etch can I suggest that you make your gap slightly larger - looking at those pics your very likely to get dendrite growth or shorts with home etched boards so a larger track\gap is needed, you would also not need to run a scalpel between tracks.
You also have some floating (unconnected) copper i.e. under the 16 pin IC on the right, a few more in the middle. They are better off being connected to any net than floating.

I print a the drill pattern and stick it on with spray glue on a light box so its aligned - then I can drill in the right places accurately.
Then rip it off & clean the board.

Although Seedstudio do a service that gives you solder resist covered boards with vias and legend extremely cheaply - as much as I like home brew I would not consider making my own board now - the messing with Ferric and having to dispose of it etc. no more ta.
When (or if) I eventually knock up an if-10C for my Kenwood I'll be getting 10 from there for £14 and selling 9 lol