QRP SSB Tranceivers

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

QRP SSB Tranceivers

Post by StormShadow »

I've been interested in making some single band SSB Transceivers from scratch or junk parts from broken multi mode cb radios... When ever I've looked online I always come across incomplete circuit diagrams or very sketchy diagrams. So far I've made an 160 to 80 meter receiver from scratch from following diagrams on the net and experimenting adding parts until it works. I never got as far as making my 160/80 meter radio into a transceiver just yet as I'm stuck on that part but the receiver part is done and working very well after some work and a lot of tinkering and thinking, adding on and taking off components rewinding coils etc. There is a 5 band transceiver witch can be made from a mixture of junk parts and parts bought, that I'm interested in... Is there a site that has good diagrams that is straight to the point that doesn't show incomplete random stuff?
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Re: QRP SSB Tranceivers

Post by dt307 »

one i use and its simple to get parts for and with some messing about you could expand it efe 40m qrp

i had it from turkey the board was built just make connections ect
i know its not what your total after but its a full diagram for you and you might be able to expand on it further
the same system is used for 20m/40m/80m with different lpf and bpf ect
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by StormShadow »

Interesting diagram, I've got most of those parts already, I'll have a go at building that
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Simple homebrew sets are where CW really comes into it's own. A CW set can be made with up to 50% less components than a phone set.

You could plagiarise a simple Pixie set.

Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
M0KRL
Call Sign: M0KRL

Post by M0KRL »

One of the best homebrew QRP designs is the BitX20. Origonaly designed for the 20mtr band but can be changed to pretty much any band with just a few component changes. There are also designs out there for muti band, multi mode varients. I have built a 20mtr and 40mtr versions myself and they are very good, with a dedicated yahoo group that has a membership that can help with every aspect of your build.. Karl, M0KRL.
Whoever suggested repair by replacement, should be repaired by replacement!!!
Yaesu FT-100, Uniden 2830 (converted to 4Mtr multimode),Trio TR7800 (2Mtr FM), Yaesu FT7100M (2/70 FM) Baofeng UV5R (2/70 FM), Weierwei V1000 (2Mtr FM), Key KME80 (4mtr FM)