hf tuning capacitor

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
gerald123

hf tuning capacitor

Post by gerald123 »

DSCF4014.JPG
DSCF4013.JPG
DSCF4011.JPG
hi all hope someone can help me with this....I am in the middle of making a loop antenna..and got this from a ebay can someone tell me witch wires I I attach the coax to ....and are they for tunning diffirent bands on hf..many thanks in advance. as you can see there are four wires. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gerald123 on 03 Mar 2018, 12:51, edited 3 times in total.
gerald123

Re: hf tuning capacitor

Post by gerald123 »

gerald123 wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 11:31 DSCF4014.JPGDSCF4013.JPGDSCF4011.JPG hi all hope someone can help me with this....I am in the middle of making a loop antenna..and got this from a ebay can someone tell me witch wires I I attach the coax to ....and are they for tunning diffirent bands on hf..many thanks in advance. as you can see there are four wires. :roll:
I hope I have up loaded the photos ok
Tigersaw
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: GW6RRL

Post by Tigersaw »

Thats a 3 gang device, you can combine them or use them independently to get the value range you require.
Cant help without knowing the size of your loop, the bands you require and the values of gangs.
I assume its a RX only loop? It will be no good TX unless QRP

If you just want to experiment, just use one of the gangs and see what happens, then a different one, then parallel a couple of them up etc
gerald123

Post by gerald123 »

can you tell me the mesurments the loop should be for80 40 and 20 metre bands please. thanks for replying.... the loop is for rx only...this is another one that I have
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tigersaw
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: GW6RRL

Post by Tigersaw »

Loop size isnt too important for RX, google RX loops there are plenty of examples,
http://ac0c.com/main/page_prior_antenna ... _loop.html shows one of many examples that have been knocked up.
gerald123

Post by gerald123 »

Tigersaw wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 14:41 Loop size isnt too important for RX, google RX loops there are plenty of examples,
http://ac0c.com/main/page_prior_antenna ... _loop.html shows one of many examples that have been knocked up.
thank you for the link ...verry usefull