russian numbers broadcast today

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
mikecharlie
Top Poster
Top Poster

russian numbers broadcast today

Post by mikecharlie »

heard from 16;00 hrs today a strong carrier signal with numbers in possible Russian being spoken

this was on 5073 USB and what i heard lasted until abot 16;15 then just a silent carrier then after a few mins a tone than finally signal went off

my Russian isnt great but it was (nool) ( choterya) (visim) ( devyat) which is 0489

Note that Ukranian language is very very similar and could actually have been Ukrainian : not sure f Belorussian is the same

numbers repeated over and over and I heard an extended line of 0's in between some 0489's

the voice was not able to be known if it was a recorded voice ( like volmet) or a live voice broadcast as the numbers spoken were all sounding identical with no variation

havent heard again since

I think I heard some short pieces morse being sent but this was much much weaker signal and not for long after the voice
Radio, wall of sound, coming up from my tower...
Radio, wall of sound, 24 hours of power...........!!!
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: russian numbers broadcast today

Post by andymuza »

Russian number stations were common placed years ago, I used to hear them all over. It was usually a female voice.

I haven't looked for or listened out for them in ages though.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: russian numbers broadcast today

Post by Admiral »

If you haven't already seen this site then check it out if you're into this sort of thing.

It will give you a schedule of known transmissions.

http://priyom.org/

It takes a while to load, be patient.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition