YAESU FRG -7700 RECEVER

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
Andy-in-NL
Call Sign: 9TC02

Re: YAESU FRG -7700 RECEVER

Post by Andy-in-NL »

Did you get that selector switch problem worked out?
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

And again, speaking as a non-techie, I'm not too sure that you can see a diode leaking with a magnifying glass.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
gerald123

Post by gerald123 »

it sorted it self out .... the more i used the radio the better it got ,it is now working fine.......
Andy-in-NL
Call Sign: 9TC02

Post by Andy-in-NL »

gerald123 wrote:it sorted it self out .... The more I used the radio the better it got ,it is now working fine.......
Sounds like corrosion onthe contacts that cleaned up after several uses. Sometimes a little film of crap gets on the contacts from lack of use. Using that button vigoriously solves that isse. Congrats.
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

Does the time it takes to change stay constant or does it get slower or faster the longer the radio is turned on for?
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
mickfitzer
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 29SF332

Post by mickfitzer »

Glad that you got radio sorted after gerard123, Also if you are ever looking to shift the radio count me in for £30 lol got a soft spot for these old receivers
VX5R
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M3swl

Post by VX5R »

I'm watching one on eBay now
Yaesu VX5R
Yaesu VX6R for tx
Yupiteru MVT7100
Realistic pro-2042
Op... Tim.
M3swl
ROTEL240

Post by ROTEL240 »

I have one for sale and its in good condition for its age and works as it should.
Bernard Rother
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Bernard Rother »

Also have a FRG 7700 but it's been in the roof for a good few years as we live in a horse shoe shaped valley. Don't even receive local radio stations anymore as the vegetation has become more dense over time. BUT ....... as some of you may have read, I bought a damaged CB 27MHz radio last Friday. Got it going but had nobody to chat to in order to confirm if it was working. Checked up on the FRG's frequencies and the CB range fell in with those. Hauled it down, the roof is totally insulated so there is no damp or dust present etc.....just nice and warm up there.

OK .... the CB and the FRG were pretty close to each other .... both with a simple wire for antennas in the interim. The FRG picked up the CB first go. It now has a temporary place in my lounge. Image