41 metres DX contest.

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

41 metres DX contest.

Post by stratocaster »

Friday night I was doing a bit of swl'ing,placed my sw receiver on ssb and wandered through the bands until I got end of scale signals (all 4 led's lit up) booming in from Italy. Anyone else catch this?
You can never have enough radios!
Darkstar1
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: m0wow

Re: 41 metres DX contest.

Post by Darkstar1 »

Catch it? They can't be avoided, they are all over the bands like a rash, they use way to much power way over legal limit 500w in Italy I believe. Also a lot of them are pig ignorant and take delight in calling over the top of others, just to get their log books filled. I think you can gather I am not a fan of Italian amateurs.
73 de Den m0wow
chairman of Burnley and district amateur radio club

http://www.burnleyradioclub.co.uk/
Tinman
Call Sign: M7TIN

Post by Tinman »

Didn't catch the contest on 41 metres but there seemed to be an SSTV contest higher up on 20 meters. Managed to capture a fair few images.

8) Dave 8)
M7TIN/P
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

Darkstar1 wrote:Catch it? They can't be avoided, they are all over the bands like a rash, they use way to much power way over legal limit 500w in Italy I believe. Also a lot of them are pig ignorant and take delight in calling over the top of others, just to get their log books filled. I think you can gather I am not a fan of Italian amateurs.
Yeah,I did hear a German station getting burned out by the Italian DX'ers! He was quite feint but did get wiped over by the Italians. I like getting a long distance contact myself,but making it a log book filling frenzy isn't in what I see as the spirit of radio!
You can never have enough radios!
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Post by Mattylad »

I have yet to have a decent chinwag, all contest swapping at the mo.