HF TARGER RECEIVER

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
gerald123

HF TARGER RECEIVER

Post by gerald123 »

HI LADS ,just changed the antena socket on target radio to a bnc fitting.my problem is,when i took the old fitting off i notised it was salderd to a small resistor .....the resistor has snapped..i fitted a new resistor and solderd the bnc socket,on to it.......but for some reason radio does not power up...what have i done wrong, HELP PLEASE.
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Re: HF TARGER RECEIVER

Post by bigpimp347 »

don't know...
i didn't see what you did ;)

just double check where the original socket was soldered wasn't part of a circuit, by changing the socket did you replace all the links you removed ??
the resistor was the same value ?? although would make much difference only to receive.
just double check the grounds, and of course any power wires you may have pulled off, or touched..
also check the fuse..
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
sideband
Regular
Regular

Post by sideband »

Target HF3 circuit attached, in case you did not have it.

The component attached to the aerial socket is a small RF choke followed by an RF attenuator switch contacts and then a low pass filter. The original RF choke will have a very small DC resistance. I found the circuit on the Internet, a little more research may turn up a component list.

However fitting an incorrect RF Choke/resistor at the aerial socket should not prevent the receiver powering up, perhaps manipulation of the circuit board caused another problem.

Forgive the suggestion that perhaps the receiver is powering up, but is very very quiet, with just the inherent receiver noise, as no aerial is connected.

Hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gerald123

Post by gerald123 »

thank you ladds for the info ......and circuit lay out which i did not have, will take another look at radio ,and will let you know how i get on, thanks again.