Whats in your memory!

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
tomos

Whats in your memory!

Post by tomos »

As scanning as such is not so viable on HF what do you keep in the memory banks of your HF receiver ?
Being as HF is not as location dependant as VHF it would be great if we could get together a top frequencies list for the new or seasoned SWL
(ok so I am UK based, so maybe some limitations but you get the idea)

Maybe top 10:
Broadcast stations
SAR and general HF utility
HF Air bands and HF air digital modes
Ham voice and digital
NDB (Beacons) and DX propagation indicators
Numbers and unknowns

So who will kick us off, be great to get an HF frequencies sticky with the help of all the knowledgeable SWL here.
bigtee

Re: Whats in your memory!

Post by bigtee »

SAR 5.6800 11.175, 11.244 ,2.782, 5.616, 5.649 & Then some 2 metre and 20m frequency i use.

But all i'm getting on 5 mhz is loads of noise signal 8 of it must be local interferrance.
Hanglands

Post by Hanglands »

tomos wrote:So who will kick us off, be great to get an HF frequencies sticky with the help of all the knowledgeable SWL here.
There was one, though only a few regulars contributed to it. Once a month it was compiled into a database and uploaded for the benefit of all who were interested. Eventually, and sadly, it died due to lack of interest.

There is a forum sticky which detailed the monthly uploads, you may be able to pick stuff out of it still : http://www.transmission1.co.uk/forum/vi ... 33&t=10310

Regards,

S.
owza
Call Sign: M0

Post by owza »

Hello,
I have uploaded the default settings for the Alinco DX-R8 shortwave rx
https://www.dropbox.com/s/28ordck05y2zx ... _banks.csv

There are some useful frequencies in here, I use some of the distant Volmets to check out conditions. A fair number of trans-oceanic HF frequencies are also included.