ariel

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
kal
Regular
Regular

ariel

Post by kal »

hi all can somebody tell me a good am ariel or a good all round ariel to go on my van and does anyone live near me that could help me with my 3500xlt i an in suffolk.many thanks for any help.
Lurch
Regular
Regular

Re: ariel

Post by Lurch »

Rather than using the ariel on the van I'd leave it for the washing machine and get car shampoo from Halfords. Much less 'scratchy' and doesn;t eat your hands.
Stuart.
grafter
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by grafter »

See, that's the trouble when you start to get smart with other people's spelling, punctuation and grammar, you often end up making yourself look a bit daft. The semicolon and the apostrophe .

As for the mobile aerial Kal, can you clarify if it's an airband aerial you want or Medium wave? Both use AM and this is the airband section :)

I'll assume for one moment it's airband and you wont be listening to beacons too often so go for the humble but very effective 1/4 wave whip and 22" or thereabouts will be about mid voice band. The last time I looked Sandpipers sold both stainless steel whip and 3/8" threaded whip bases, most CB or amateur magmounts can be made to take a 3/8 base, either directly or with an adapter.

If it's Medium/Long wave then go for something big, big is always better on the low frequency stuff.
my friend grafter, seems like you are using a very offensive tone in the reply.
kal
Regular
Regular

Post by kal »

hi i am useing a skyscan but wondering if i can find a better one.