Edinburgh approach giving guided tours!

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Edinburgh approach giving guided tours!

Post by stratocaster »

Scanner on and tuned to air band. Unusual request from a pilot to approach, looking for a ship! The approach operative told pilot to look by docks and the large shopping centre and the ship was berthed there!! Above and beyond the call of duty! :) Apparently it was some kind of cruise ship!
You can never have enough radios!
stu
Call Sign: MM6HZA

Re: Edinburgh approach giving guided tours!

Post by stu »

I remember when the Tall Ships visited Leith a few years ago I was listening to EDI approach and a BA captain asked for a wider than normal routing out over the Forth on a 25 approach (its 24 now) so that his passengers could see "the lovely boaties". ATC duly complied :)
DX:Tecsun S2000,Tecsun PL660,Tecsun PL310-ET,Sony SRF-59, Degen DE1103,Wellbrook ALA1530LN
Scan:Uniden UBC3500XLT, Yaesu VR120D, TSC-100R
Ham:Baofeng UV-5RE, Baofeng GT-3TP
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

stu wrote:I remember when the Tall Ships visited Leith a few years ago I was listening to EDI approach and a BA captain asked for a wider than normal routing out over the Forth on a 25 approach (its 24 now) so that his passengers could see "the lovely boaties". ATC duly complied :)

Niice! I remember visiting the harbour at Leith for the Tall ships race, the "Alexander Von Humboldt" stood out with its green sails etc!
You can never have enough radios!
Glamdring

Post by Glamdring »

HMY Britannia
neil57uk1

Post by neil57uk1 »

I was on a Manx Airways flight into Liverpool many years ago and the pilot advised that he had obtained ATC permission to approach LPL low allow the Mersey so that we could view the QE2 moored in the centre of the river.

Was at EDI for one of the Concorde farewell fligts and the controller working approach advised those listening on scanners that Concorde could be heard on the Radar frequency and he then gave out the frequency.