Yorkshire Air Show

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Yorkshire Air Show

Post by LeakyFeeder »

Attended the show albeit from Fenton Cricket Club and as normal monitored the comms.. The guy on the tower freq 126.5 appeared to run the show with a rod of iron... He wasnt taking any crap from one of the Raven pilots and told her in no uncertain terms.....then quite a few threw in the odd 'Sir' !
Air to air was 130.7 and once the individual displays were done it was back to tower.. Ground comms were 169.0125 for the orange jacketed staff on access roads and 449.425 for the green high viz bods marshalling the crowds...
XH558 was simply 'Vulcan' who was on a holding pattern over Elvington then teamed up with the Gnats for some cracking formation flying...

Gotta say i wasnt expecting much given the lack of multi engined stuff n no heavies but the standard of flying was mindblowing.. The P51 ran a close second to '558 in terms of display but of course when '558 did a fantastic 'Vulcan howl' it got many quite emotional...me included..
Diesel man
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 121

Re: Yorkshire Air Show

Post by Diesel man »

We were at the end of the runway the farmers field side couldnt get in as ticket only, Loved the p-51 display we were right over the display line and the classic jets were nice to see, The Vulcan stole the show was hoping to get in as in the car is the dual band rig with AM receive.

Hope it's on next year they need to do something about the road access it's crackers long queeing. Still a great day and the sun played out.
thelad
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thelad »

Were you in a motorhome? The ATC did a cracking job, even when they were calling up with the wrong tower C/S. are you sure you got the Air To Air correct? Thought it was 121.175? I was shocked when i was given a handy to use, expected a DMR set and what did i get! A Bf888 out off the box lol they held out well but the odd few had battery issues. Was using a 462.12 Freq.
Uniden UBC120XLT
Uniden USC230E
Uniden UBC3500XLT
Binatone PMR MR500 x2
Magiksun TM-490 (BF-888) x3
Baofeng BF-888
TTI TSC 100R
Baofeng UVB5
Zastone D900
Icom IC-R6
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

No we went on the bikes..(two red Bandit 12's).. parked in the Cricket Club carpark an enjoyed their great BBQ an lovely cuppas.. There was a group of older guys stood propping up the fence but they wernt owt to do with us.. Had the DMR set with me an hit the Flockton 'box no probs...
My mate took his Uniden scanner thingy with close call an mentioned some activity on 462mhz but was running a CTCSS of 69.3 an in all honesty was a bit ropey to listen to..
Im sure the air to air comms were 130.7 but im going on memory as soon as we departed i flicked it to Sandtoft which is were we headed for yet another brew an some cheap rocket fuel. I took my FT60/Alinco DJ G7 an Yaesu FTA 550.. found the FT60 was the best for crystal clear comms....
It was a fantastic afternoon but a somewhat emotional one considering the Vulcan's flying days are almost over...