133.000 MHz,Mildenhall mid air refueling & French voices

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

133.000 MHz,Mildenhall mid air refueling & French voices

Post by kc »

Edited to add..French voices heard today.
I have just been listening to airband & 133.000MHz is very busy at the moment, it's listed as 100th Refuelling Wing USAF Mildenhall, Suffolk.
I'm a good distance from Mildenhall so would not intentionally listen to anything listed as "Mildenhall."
Which only goes to show that band scanning is often better than just listening to what you expect to hear.
A what is there to listen to in my area may give us a few new ones to listen to, but it can also cost us new logs.
This is the second good log that I would not expect to hear in about a month, the Great Yarmouth search & rescue operation being the first.
Yes I know mid air refueling can happen any where, but how many I may hear frequencies do we need to programme into a scanner to cover everything we may hear ? Band scanning rocks :roll: :roll: :wink:
Last edited by kc on 16 Jul 2008, 16:02, edited 2 times in total.
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX
TheRuggedMan
Regular
Regular

RE: 133.000 MHz, proof that band scanning is best.

Post by TheRuggedMan »

There is no better feeling than when you fined a unlisted frequency!
Band scanning has always been my chosen method of finding things rather than relying on lists like proma.
Dont get me wrong, lists are a good starting point but for full enjoyment of a scanner YOU have to fined out whats in the air around you!
Proud Owner Of:
Alinco DJx3,Alinco DJX1D,Alinco DJX2000,AOR AR-ONE
Black Jaguar MKIV,BEARCAT UBC278CLT
BEARCAT UBC30XLT, GRE PSR - 252
,Icom IC R2,Icom IC R5,
Icom IC R10,Icom IC R20
Sony Air 7,Maycom AR-108,K Po BP-1000R 446 Base,Eton E5
5thElement
Veteran
Veteran

RE: 133.000 MHz, proof that band scanning is best.

Post by 5thElement »

Thats what scanning is all about! building up your own database of things to listen to and hunting for new stuff.

I can't stress how important a decent antenna is aswell, i bet so many people have given up scanning because there was "nothing to listen to" and they were merely sat at home using a rubber duck!

The new range of close call scanners open up another great way to hunt for frequencies aswell.
2E0XGA
kc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by kc »

Post title altered as this frequency may be worth monitoring no matter where you live as I heard French voices this morning.
So I passed this test that allows me to twiddle with knobs, push buttons & call my self an Advanced !!!!!!!
M0LSX
tippohat

Re: RE: 133.000 MHz, proof that band scanning is best.

Post by tippohat »

5thElement wrote:I can't stress how important a decent antenna is aswell, i bet so many people have given up scanning because there was "nothing to listen to" and they were merely sat at home using a rubber duck!
Ive been using a rubber duck for ages, and theres plenty to listen too! I can only imagine how much more there might be!
Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Lurch
Regular
Regular

Re: 133.000 MHz,Mildenhall mid air refueling & French voices

Post by Lurch »

Clearly you need to live in the right place, at home I get feck all bar the odd cordless phone and TV sender. Been in Manchester today and had loads, page full of frequencies in the first 10 minutes!
Stuart.
milly
Call Sign: redacted

Re: 133.000 MHz,Mildenhall mid air refueling & French voices

Post by milly »

I ahven't heard Mildenhall aircraft use this freq for refuelling (would be an odd choice in the UK). Last time I heard it in the UK was Turkish AF air-air
"Search engine? How do I find that?"
"Sod it, let someone else do it"