Helimed Frequencies

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
GinoMendoza
New User
New User

Helimed Frequencies

Post by GinoMendoza »

I was at Wythenshawe hospital recently and heard Helimed 72 taking off on 119.400 [EGCC]. What frequency is used to alert the hospital on landing?
pete_uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Helimed Frequencies

Post by pete_uk »

I think most of the time its done via mobile phone before leaving the incident site. The Helipad crew will be there waiting there for them.
Minus1
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Minus1 »

I think they have Airwave.

Find your neatest AGA channel in the range 394.8125 to 394.9875 (Eight 25k channels at 12.5kHz offset).
Mobile will be 10 MHz lower.
Just data noise but can detect a local transmission.

For Manchester, the nearest AGA site is (I think) on Winter Hill and is AGA:6 (394.9375)
KEY : = channel/stud | ~ = CTCSS/DCS | ^ = transmitter site | ¯ = overhead | * = trunked
GinoMendoza
New User
New User

Post by GinoMendoza »

Thanx to Pete_uk & Minus1. Maybe I'll be lucky with Minus1's freqs. I do hope so. I'm only 1.5 mls away from hosp. and often give them a wave as they pass right over my house in Timperley. Guess i'll have to dedicate one radio to scan those 8 channels on 394.xxx MHz. I'm due there 2moro for blood-tests so I'll monitor.
Pete_uk, do you use PMR446? I haven't tried yet, but did find the following interesting... http://www.freeradionetwork.eu/gateway_network.htm

-uk
timbo

Post by timbo »

Helimed comms on 130.650 here in Newcastle, between Aircraft and Hospital landing site. Not sure if this is a national frequency though.
everton72
Regular
Regular

Post by everton72 »

What about Liverpool Merseyside can you here them here and what frequency they use